MTF proposals

Yesterday I played (0.6.2) and I found for my first time the MTF (without cheating, I mean xD, I had encountered a lot of times but godmoding and nocliping).

So this is my impresion about MTF:

Good stuff:
-They are fucking scary, more than 173. You know that you are the prey and they are going to hunt you.
-The steps. I love the step sound.

Bad stuff:
-They stay in front of a door. They weren't moving at all, only a few steps around the door.
-Don't they have to recontain 173? Because they had him on their side and they didn't do anything.
-They got me, and I had the kevlar vest. They shot me about 10 times before kill me.
-Are they blind? They fail a lot of their shoots!(helicopters too)

How to improve the MTF:
-Improve the model: They should wear some gas mask I think (more scary and more reallistic (they have to pass through gas in the facility))
-Life count should be changed. My proposal:
·With or without kevlar vest: 3 life points

Hits:
·Head: -3 LP
·Body: -2 LP (with kevlar: -0 LP)
·Arm: -1 LP
·Leg: -1 or -1,5 (randomly maybe?) LP

How the hits should effect you:
·Head: Mmm... dead?
·Body: You go slower and lose blood. The camera staggers more.(with kevlar: you only note a hit, then all normal)
·Arm: Nothing happens, but you lose blood.
·Leg: You limp (and lose blood, of course)

-Improve their aiming
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Re: MTF proposals

I think that for now the models are ok.

I'm not sure about the life points, I know its supposed to be realistic, but I find it more fun and scary when you get shot 10 times and still manage to survive, but you have to hurry or you'll die from blood loss. Yes, its unrealistic, but its more fun. Yes, the game IS supposed to be realistic, but Id rather have fun than it being super realistic.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:I think that for now the models are ok.

I'm not sure about the life points, I know its supposed to be realistic, but I find it more fun and scary when you get shot 10 times and still manage to survive, but you have to hurry or you'll die from blood loss. Yes, its unrealistic, but its more fun. Yes, the game IS supposed to be realistic, but Id rather have fun than it being super realistic.
Yes, it's fun, but and MTF was shooting at me from 2 meters and didn't kill me before 10 shots. It's a terror game, so it has to be scary. A soldier that's shooting at you and fail all of his shoots it's not scary. Less scary if you can run and dance through them while they try to kill you...

spartan322 wrote:Thats true, but how are you supposed to get past them?
Its either not good aiming soldiers and possible to survive
or
good aiming soldiers and impossible to survive.
Not sure which one is better.
I prefer good aiming soldiers. As Irontaco said, you have to HIDE, not to PASS. It has to be impossible to survive if you don't hide; they are expert soldiers, and they have experience, so the only form to avoid them should be hiding, not running around them