Re: Dev Topic #2

For the one suggesting to translate the game to another language, would you do it now, or wait till the game is completed (i have no idea when it is)?
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

If I waited till it were completed, what would be the point of doing a rewrite in C++? Programming takes patience, my college term ends next thursday, so I'll try to dedicate as much of my Christmas break as I can to coding...
I'm working on starting it now, but I'm gonna try and use OpenGL instead of DirectX [I'll probably add DirectX support later] so that users on other OS's can play the game too, and hopefully the models can be updated so that they're more detailed and have better animations, not sure yet how the current DirectX meshes are going to complicate things, though it seams unlikely, btw, what was the modeling software that was used for the meshes?
If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."

From Divinity's Facebook page:
‎''I really like this idea of having the same SCP-682 model in both games. Obviously because it means less work for us, but also because it makes it feel like the games are set in the 'same universe'.''

There you have it! From Regalis, the creator of SCP:CB himself, has confirmed that our 682 model WILL be in SCP:CB for you all to crap your pants with!
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

answer42 wrote:If I waited till it were completed, what would be the point of doing a rewrite in C++? Programming takes patience, my college term ends next thursday, so I'll try to dedicate as much of my Christmas break as I can to coding...
I'm working on starting it now, but I'm gonna try and use OpenGL instead of DirectX [I'll probably add DirectX support later] so that users on other OS's can play the game too, and hopefully the models can be updated so that they're more detailed and have better animations, not sure yet how the current DirectX meshes are going to complicate things, though it seams unlikely, btw, what was the modeling software that was used for the meshes?
Poly's don't seem to be too much of a problem right now; the current Guard/MTF, 096 + 106 models have been edited and converted by me through Blender 2.64a, at the end they're all turned into tri's from they're original Quad + ngon faces.

If you actually manage to succesfully convert Blitz3d to a C++ format compatible with later versions of DirectX and other OS systems; I'll.. do something.
SCP-682 wrote:From Divinity's Facebook page:
‎''I really like this idea of having the same SCP-682 model in both games. Obviously because it means less work for us, but also because it makes it feel like the games are set in the 'same universe'.''

There you have it! From Regalis, the creator of SCP:CB himself, has confirmed that our 682 model WILL be in SCP:CB for you all to crap your pants with!
Oldman4.ogg

Oskar-PL wrote:Regalis... Can you help us one more time? ;) I know you paid for Fastextension, but... We need it to compile your code and fastlibs.com is offline beacuse someone forgot to pay for that website. Can you post us fastextensions.bb?
Umm... This is a bit problematic, since FastExtension's license doesn't allow sharing any of the source code that comes with the library. I can't think of any other way to compile the program without the library than sending the code to me so that I can compile it... Unless you are willing to pirate it, but that's mean and wrong of course.
answer42 wrote:If I waited till it were completed, what would be the point of doing a rewrite in C++? Programming takes patience, my college term ends next thursday, so I'll try to dedicate as much of my Christmas break as I can to coding...
I agree, it's better to start rewriting as early as possible: if you waited until it's completed, there would me much more code to translate. It would of course take some time for me to get used to C++ if I continued the development with the translated code, but it's just a minor drawback compared to all the advantages.

I really hope this works out, it would probably be the best thing that's ever happened to SCPCB. Making the game run on other OS's is definitely not the only advantage of translating the code. There are waaaaaay more C++ programmers out there than ones using Blitz3D, so there would be a lot more people who could help with the project. It would also allow us to make an enormous upgrade on the graphics.

Just let me know if you need any help. The code is pretty messy so I might have to clarify how some parts of it work.

...And the DirectX meshes, they can be converted to some other format if there are any problems with them.

Regalis if 682 doesn't make it into the game I will call the police
Cod as call of duty 2, im not really into the newest ones.

somethingsomething wrote:Regalis is it true that the second gate a ending is happens if you or the MTF's re-contain 106?
There's only one "real ending" at Gate A, the one where the [REDACTED] capture you.
mcrubxpcod wrote:Regalis if 682 doesn't make it into the game I will call the police
It seems that we'll be able to use the 682 model from the "Six-Eight-Two"-game, so it's quite certain now that it will be in the game at some point. :)

mcrubxpcod wrote:Regalis if 682 doesn't make it into the game I will call the police
It seems that we'll be able to use the 682 model from the "Six-Eight-Two"-game, so it's quite certain now that it will be in the game at some point. :)[/quote]

I will call them anyways!
Cod as call of duty 2, im not really into the newest ones.