Re: MODELING REQUESTS: SCP-860-1 (The Forest)

Enma Ai wrote:I think that, in every map, there should be one room that can only be opened with the key. Inside that room should be something really useful to compensate having to go through 860-1. What that something could be I don't know, though... cooould be an alternate way to get the code to Dr. Maynard's, Harp's or Gears' office, maybe.
Or in some other times could be the only way to a Gate.
Uhm. Yeah, can't come up with anything.

GruntunitG602 wrote:
Enma Ai wrote:I think that, in every map, there should be one room that can only be opened with the key. Inside that room should be something really useful to compensate having to go through 860-1. What that something could be I don't know, though... cooould be an alternate way to get the code to Dr. Maynard's, Harp's or Gears' office, maybe.
That's a cool idea. What if it was the only path depending on what the player chose to do. What if it was an optional path that was randomized? Like the player did not know which ending he would get depending on how things played out.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Okay, update on my work on the monster's model:
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n350 ... f30a64.png
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n350 ... 742ed9.png

This is the base mesh of the High Poly sculpt I'll be doing to bake out all the normal + ambient occlusion texture maps; then If I can hopefully do the Retopology right, everything should come out great.

The hands and toes are up next along with a few other tweaks before I bump up the subdivision count for sculpting out all the muscles and other small details..
(For those who don't know I'm following this concept art and using specific modelling sheets Moonsaber has also sent me for getting everything looking right.)

GruntunitG602 wrote:
What I'm wondering is, where would a door that has a lock and requires a key be in a facility filled with button-opening doors and doors that require keycards?
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

MrJPenguin1 wrote:
GruntunitG602 wrote:
What I'm wondering is, where would a door that has a lock and requires a key be in a facility filled with button-opening doors and doors that require keycards?
In a place for testing 860.

I had thought 860 would be involved in the end of Gate A, at the end of the tunnel where the Chaos Insurgency confronts you. You'd have to go through it to avoid the nuclear blast, and exit to the decimated remains of the facility, or enter a blast shelter or something similar.
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE