Other not-ingame SCPs

Since we obviously can't have every possible SCP in the game, or some because they would be too difficult/stray from the purpose of CB, I thought it would be nice to give them mention. Maybe not always via document , as that would give some players the impression that they are in the game, but maybe through a mention on the radio. I say the radio as it would more authentic feeling.

My idea was that some of the other MTFs were trying to locate and re-contain other dangerous SCPs that are in different Sites than the one the player is in and talk over the radio of what was going on. This, I think, would give a better indication of the chaos going on throughout the facility.

Some examples:
-An agent reporting that SCP-542 and 049 have encountered each other (this thought gave me this idea of mentioning other SCPs, as I always wondered what would happen if these two met and a containment breach is a perfect chance to see it happen).
-SCP-076 escaping and killing some the Foundation researchers and MTF agents.
-The re-containment and transport(maybe?) of the four SCP-966 specimen.
-Perhaps a brief mention of Procedure 110-Montauk.
-Destroying SCP-523 (because it is to be destroyed during a possible XK-End-of-the-world scenario).
-SCP-058 attacking personnel and trying to escape.
-SCP-953 being detained.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Insanity's Bane on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

Re: Other not-ingame SCPs

I think a readable computer screen in some control room could work very nicely.

Something like the one at Gate B, along the lines of:

12:23 : ***SCP-076-2 breached containment: Sector B***
12:23 : ***SCP-049 breached containment: Sector A***
12:25 : ***SCP-513 missing: Precinct 12***
12:26 : ***SCP-106 breached containment: Sector B***

etc, etc.
It slep time bunner.

UnknownstWatcher wrote:I think once the game is near completion, cameo SCPs would be a good idea. For now though I believe we need to focus on what is in and what should soon be in the core game.
I agree. I didn't say the idea had to added next update, and is probably more appropriate to include later on in development.
Omniary wrote:I think a readable computer screen in some control room could work very nicely.

Something like the one at Gate B, along the lines of:

12:23 : ***SCP-076-2 breached containment: Sector B***
12:23 : ***SCP-049 breached containment: Sector A***
12:25 : ***SCP-513 missing: Precinct 12***
12:26 : ***SCP-106 breached containment: Sector B***

etc, etc.
Probably easier to add this way. Though, I feel hearing voices and the panic conveys a better atmosphere of chaos. Though, if in great numbers of text reports on SCPs escaping (as you showed), it can also give this feeling.

Insanity's Bane wrote:Probably easier to add this way. Though, I feel hearing voices and the panic conveys a better atmosphere of chaos. Though, if in great numbers of text reports on SCPs escaping (as you showed), it can also give this feeling.
Yeah, that's how I'd have it as well. I just didn't have enough time to really fill out enough, but the list should be incredibly long, longer than the page reaches, along with various blows to the site, like ***Electrical Generators: Sector C: Downed***. If it could, the list constantly updating with more events would be neat as well, not sure if the screens are capable of showing change.
It slep time bunner.

Hoo boy, big time necro-bump.
Reason being is that I want some more feedback on the idea of a way to "include" other SCPs that wouldn't appear as an in-game entity but can be mentioned in some way or another.

I'm just curious to see more suggestions for a way to include our favorite SCPs.

Omniary wrote:If it could, the list constantly updating with more events would be neat as well, not sure if the screens are capable of showing change.
Easily, you have to change the image being shown, as the event should be on a timer, where it should also show details of 682's escape.

These ideas are pretty nice. Radio conversations about other SCPs would add even more immersion and panic, and "What if I encounter it?" Another idea I had was to have a storage room with smaller SCPs in boxes and cages and shit. You could see a metal box with a "Telekill" sign on it and "SCP-458" printed on the side. This could be done with other SCPs and seeing SCP-1370 walking around it's cage threatening to murder you would be fun.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!