Re: First ZBrush Model

Thanks everybody. :)
I agree with your mrpeanut, it's partially like this because I didn't have enough polygons on the face (funnily), and I didn't want to increase it because then the body would have more polygons, even though it doesn't matter that much when I think about, got too used to modelling in Blender, where I have to keep my polygon count relatively low.

Working on 106 model now, obviously not the for the game, just as practice. :106:
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Night wrote:Thanks everybody. :)
I agree with your mrpeanut, it's partially like this because I didn't have enough polygons on the face (funnily), and I didn't want to increase it because then the body would have more polygons, even though it doesn't matter that much when I think about, got too used to modelling in Blender, where I have to keep my polygon count relatively low.
Subdivision Modifier, until you 'Apply' it the mesh itself isn't changed. I always work in subdivisions and make it look nice, then just tweak the final low-poly model.

It's a bit different in Zbrush Mr Peanut. was just because I got used to making relatively low poly models in blender as of late.

Man, today it was really annoying and I had a huge problem with the painting shit, but I learned a lot from this, didn't add eyeballs (planning that for my next model), but I am going to add Larry's jacket when I get around to finishing his skin lel
Here's the progress so far:
edit*
huge improvement over my first 106 model like 2 years ago. :laugh:
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Personally I like the old one better, but I bet it's probably just the lighting. I know it works different in ZBrush. I've have done the same thing as you by 'acquiring' Zbrush and playing around with it. Funny thing, I didn't know it was a paid-for program until after I deleted, because an article hot-linked a pre-cracked install.

Nah, was because of the godawful textures and some bad proportions.
More progress as of today (focused on the head); and I have to say, 106 is a really, really tough one to make.
Spoiler
Will focus on the more obvious problems tomorrow, mainly the proportions (jaw needs to be shorter, brow ridge needs to be lower, etc).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Night wrote:Nah, was because of the godawful textures and some bad proportions.
More progress as of today (focused on the head); and I have to say, 106 is a really, really tough one to make.
Spoiler
Will focus on the more obvious problems tomorrow, mainly the proportions (jaw needs to be shorter, brow ridge needs to be lower, etc).
Face and proportions look fantastic, I think it just needs to be rendered with some specular to add that "wet" sort of corrosive effect thats on him, then it will look perfect.

Can't quite get the results i want with this model, will rather start on a new one later that isn't dependent of a refernece picture. i figure itd be better for me to actually learn how to use zbrush properly before going into such endavours.

Regardless tho ive learned a lot from this model so it wasnt for nothing i suppose.
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy