Re: [V1.1] Green Stars [MINOR UPDATE]

I like the game, it is entertaining. I agree that various types of drones could be nice. Maybe one that teleports around? However, there is a bug, when I approached the second star, I heard the pickup sound, and when I picked it up and looked at the star counter, it displayed 3. Keep up the good work!
Also, I managed to get a jumpscare from it, I turned in a corner and got a drone in my face. :173:

EDIT: This bug happened to me with other stars too, I think it is due to the fact that a star may respawn at the exact same place when you get it.
Member of the FunnyLetsPlayTeam (french Let's Plays channel) | Creator of SCP - Doom Experiment

Re: [V1.1] Green Stars [MINOR UPDATE]

Feguelion wrote:I like the game, it is entertaining. I agree that various types of drones could be nice. Maybe one that teleports around? However, there is a bug, when I approached the second star, I heard the pickup sound, and when I picked it up and looked at the star counter, it displayed 3. Keep up the good work!
Also, I managed to get a jumpscare from it, I turned in a corner and got a drone in my face. :173:

EDIT: This bug happened to me with other stars too, I think it is due to the fact that a star may respawn at the exact same place when you get it.
Ah, yes, I know why this bug occurs. I have an algorythmus that shall prevent that from happening, but it doesn't work with the new vertical movement of the stars.

However, I know how I can easily fix this, maybe I'll bring out V1.2 with the fix before I start working on V2.0

--- EDIT ---

Done, check the front page for the new download link!

Changes in V1.2:

Code: Select all

- fixed a bug that caused the star to respawn at the same position where it was before
- a small addition to the sky
-- EDIT --

V2.0 is coming along very well, I have overworked the whole map (no layout changes, but much more visual additions) to make it more interesting and also darkened down the game to give it a more decent atmosphere.

For now I can say that V2.0 is going to make the game feel very different compared to V1.2, I think I can release it when the main menu is done, which will most likely be sometime next week.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Re: [V1.2] Green Stars [BUGFIX UPDATE]

Glad to hear that someone is actually interested in an update for this game. :laugh:

Anyway, V2.0 is almost done:

- added a main menu (the "help" function doesn't do anything yet, that's gonna be added in another update)
- a lot of additions to the environment (there are a few texture/light bugs currently, they might get fixed in another update)
- darkened down the map and added some better light effects (e.g. the stars are actually shining now)
- added a texture for the drones
- the alarm sound now playes once at the start of the game before the music begins to play
The main menu is very basic and kinda boring yet, I'm gonna expand on it a bit every update from now on.

As for the suggestion of having multiple soundtracks, I have already found one that could fit, but I want to have about four or five
soundtracks before I'll implement them into the game. If you know any music track that could fit and is under Creative Commons license,
feel free to suggest it!
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Here are some music suggestions that may or may not fit in the game: :)
Spoiler
  • Ouroboros
  • Shiny Tech
  • Son of a Rocket
  • Rocket
  • Take the Lead
  • Gonna Start v2
  • Blown Away
  • Iron Bacon lol
  • Cut and Run
All these tracks were composed by Kevin MacLeod and are under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. You can find them here: http://incompetech.com/
Member of the FunnyLetsPlayTeam (french Let's Plays channel) | Creator of SCP - Doom Experiment

Thanks, I took Take the Lead from the list. :)

Finally uploading V2.0 right now, download link will be updated soon!

- added a very basic main menu (the "help" function doesn't do anything yet, that's gonna be added in another update)
- a lot of additions to the environment (no layout changes)
- darkened down the map a bit and temporarily disabled the lightmap
- added new music tracks by Kevin MacLeod
- added a texture for the drones (not looking very good at the moment, might get improved later)
- a small addition to the start of the game (you will hear it)

Re: [V2.0] Green Stars [MAJOR UPDATE]

Nice improvements, the art and decoration is looking nice! :) However some textures are misaligned, including the wall texture.
My current highest score is 12, I don't know if this is good or not, and I also got more jumpscares from the drones suddenly coming in front of me :laugh:

I think random maps would be interesting in the game, however I also think it's hard to code, but I am unable to help because I don't have Unity, sorry.
Keep up the good work and good luck for the future!

Re: [V2.0] Green Stars [MAJOR UPDATE]

Feguelion wrote:However some textures are misaligned, including the wall texture.
I know, that's a thing that kinda bothered me since the very first version of the game, but it should not be that much of a problem for now.
Feguelion wrote:My current highest score is 12
Well, mine is 54. :D But that happened to me only once, I normally get around 20 when I'm playing the game seriously.