A compilation of a few bugfixes (for version 1.0.4)

Hey Guys. I installed blitz the other day and was able to successfully create new executables for scp containment breach, so I thought I'd try to fix a few of the less complicated bugs that exist in the most recent version of the game (due to a lack of familiarity with basic or blitz).

Bugfixes:
-forest wall detail entities are now hidden when the player is not in the forest, meaning the door and doorframe no longer block the view of the drawportal when the door is open
-DNA scanner no longer crashes if no item is selected
-testroom should now work properly and not crash after scp 079 begins speaking and turns on the gas
-fixed "DEATH" input crashing scp 294 due to incorrect file path
-DeathTimer and BlurTimer are now included in save files. Fixes incorrect interactions between 294 liquids and reloading.
-elevator to scp 939 no longer crashes when bump mapping is enabled (fix by juanjpro)
-guards and MTFs no longer disappear when not in the players direct line of sight (fix by juanjpro)
-custom maps should now work again without crashing during the intro sequence (fix by juanjpro)
-checkpoint rooms should no longer be spawned in incorrect locations (fix by juanjpro)
-̶s̶e̶v̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶c̶p̶ ̶9̶1̶4̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶1̶:̶1̶,̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶
-̶s̶c̶p̶ ̶2̶9̶4̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶s̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶'̶p̶a̶r̶a̶m̶e̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶0̶'̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶e̶m̶p̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶
-̶s̶c̶p̶ ̶9̶7̶0̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶h̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶
-̶w̶i̶r̶e̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶g̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶o̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶

Changes:
-locked the one unlocked door in the intro scene (the door that leads from the the concrete tunnel to the large hall)
-added a vsync option to the options ini file
-̶s̶e̶v̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶c̶p̶ ̶9̶1̶4̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶a̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶
-̶q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶s̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶k̶e̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶
-̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶F̶r̶a̶m̶e̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶0̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶y̶n̶c̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶r̶e̶s̶h̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶e̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶0̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶0̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶z̶e̶r̶o̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶v̶s̶y̶n̶c̶.̶

I'll continue to edit this post as I implement more changes. You can download the new executable and modified source code here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m0u93 ... gfixes.zip
Y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶c̶p̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶.̶

EDIT: To install these changes fully you need to move "SCP - Containment Breach.exe" and "options.ini" into your 'SCP - Containment Breach' folder, overwriting the files that are already there, and you need to move "SCP-294.ini" into your 'Data' folder, overwriting the file that is already there.

EDIT: these changes have been implemented in version 1.0.5 of the game, which was just released! Go check it out if you haven't already :) At this point in time to my knowledge we are only left with a few known bugs, most of which only happen to a select few players and cannot be recreated on developers' machines, so I do not anticipate my releasing any more bugfixes right away. As bugs are discovered if time permits I will resume updating this page as necessary.
Last edited by risingstar64 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:54 am, edited 12 times in total.

Re: A compilation of a few bugfixes for 1.0.3

Juicy wrote:I still have 60 fps, but the menu is WAY less laggy than the original's one. BTW, why is the framelimit option not working in any version?
Could you explain what you are experiencing? I tried setting the framelimit to 24, and sure enough, the game stayed at 23-24 fps while I was playing. Is it possible that your computer is not powerful enough to meet the framelimit that you have set?

Juicy wrote:What I want is to unlock my fps, locked frame rates make games laggy to me (I don't know why, but it happens in every game I've played on this computer, it doesn't happen in other PCs I've used).

However I'm not sure if that's possible, maybe I'm asking too much :P
I understand now. Added disabling the frame limit entirely as an option. See main post for updated download link.

Juicy wrote:Edit: I've noticed that setting it to 0 will eventually cause the screen to freeze, which is really weird. It doesn't happen with values like 300 or -1.
I see. The original code wasn't designed to support a value of 0. Should be fixed now.
EDIT: note that with the new settings vsync is disabled to allow framelimits higher than the screen's refresh rate. if you want vsync to be enabled like before simply set Framelimit to 0.
Last edited by risingstar64 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: A compilation of a few bugfixes (for version 1.0.4)

Updated to version 1.0.4 source code and crossed out implemented changes to keep everything up to date.

On a side note, Juanjpro submitted some awesome code snippets to fix the scp 939 loading MAV, as well as to fix the clipping when viewing guards in another thread. I think for the sake of organization I will keep his changes separate from mine, but I strongly suggest downloading those if you are experiencing the scp 939 MAV or are annoyed by the guards disappearing when viewed indirectly :)