[0.8.2] SCP-714's protective capabilities not so vast now?

Have there been any intentional changes to The Jaded Ring's protective capabilities? I was making a vid on it earlier today which involved exposing myself to The Camera Disruption's surveillance monitor both with and without it on, and I still had my attention drawn to it as well as the shock images display on it and the sound effects. It also did not seem to protect me from The Encyclopaedia of Common Diseases either, as I drew Cardiac Arrest from it and I could hear my heartbeat.

Here's the outtake of the vid I was working on:
[youtube]ujy1CUA58sk[/youtube]
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Re: [0.8.2] SCP-714's protective capabilities not so vast no

I'd assume that if 895's effects were already beginning to take effect on the player, equipping 714 in the middle of it would have no effect. It would be like trying to build a wall in the middle of tusami.Either that or it's just Regalis' briliant coding.

As for 1025, did you equip it before or after you read Cardiact Arrest? Because 714 only protects, it doesn't cure. I'm pretty sure that by the time you finish reading the page you would already have a heart attack in your system.

CommanderPro100 wrote:I'd assume that if 895's effects were already beginning to take effect on the player, equipping 714 in the middle of it would have no effect. It would be like trying to build a wall in the middle of tusami.Either that or it's just Regalis' briliant coding.

As for 1025, did you equip it before or after you read Cardiact Arrest? Because 714 only protects, it doesn't cure. I'm pretty sure that by the time you finish reading the page you would already have a heart attack in your system.
Before reading it. I also waited for my sanity to fully replenish at The Camera Disruption before trying again. Same effect. Unfortunately, I'd already cut recording, so that was done off-camera.

Also, your comment on its effects already taking place when I equipped it can be kind of contested; you can interrupt the cognitohazard effect of The Bad Composition by equipping it while you're staring point-blank at it. That pretty much means that one or the other is bugged.
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Nightmare Tank wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:I'd assume that if 895's effects were already beginning to take effect on the player, equipping 714 in the middle of it would have no effect. It would be like trying to build a wall in the middle of tusami.Either that or it's just Regalis' briliant coding.

Before reading it. I also waited for my sanity to fully replenish at The Camera Disruption before trying again. Same effect. Unfortunately, I'd already cut recording, so that was done off-camera.

Also, your comment on its effects already taking place when I equipped it can be kind of contested; you can interrupt the cognitohazard effect of The Bad Composition by equipping it while you're staring point-blank at it. That pretty much means that one or the other is bugged.
But 714 also protects you from the effects of 895 and 1025.Did you equip it before the effects?
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

I'mNotBlappy wrote:But 714 also protects you from the effects of 895 and 1025.Did you equip it before the effects?
I sure did. Both off-camera, however.
Zarpox wrote:It seems that in the video it shows another "bug" because the wrong sound was playing.
The sound effect? Actually I think it can play one of three sounds. Mind you, the same one repeatedly is either a streak of luck, or something's forced it to use that one only.

Nightmare Tank wrote:The sound effect? Actually I think it can play one of three sounds. Mind you, the same one repeatedly is either a streak of luck, or something's forced it to use that one only.
Now i get it.
I looked through the folder and a folder from another version.
From v0.7 for example was the first soundeffect "horror1" the first for SCP-895 effect and the second "horror2" for the deadly one.
In version v.0.8.2 it exists "horror0" for the first and "horror1" the deadly one.
That whole shift causes that all sound effects play in wrong situations.

Zarpox wrote:
Nightmare Tank wrote:The sound effect? Actually I think it can play one of three sounds. Mind you, the same one repeatedly is either a streak of luck, or something's forced it to use that one only.
Now i get it.
I looked through the folder and a folder from another version.
From v0.7 for example was the first soundeffect "horror1" the first for SCP-895 effect and the second "horror2" for the deadly one.
In version v.0.8.2 it exists "horror0" for the first and "horror1" the deadly one.
That whole shift causes that all sound effects play in wrong situations.
Is it still like that in the Source Code if you go to the coffin event?

Nightmare Tank wrote:Is it still like that in the Source Code if you go to the coffin event?
Wait.. let me see.
Well, i could not found the SCP-895 sounds in the source code.
But i found a interesting thing that i wondered about for a couple days.
v0.8.2 just a little bit of the source code for SCP-049
Spoiler

Code: Select all

;049 spawns after 3 minutes or when the player is close enough to the containment chamber
								If e\EventState > 70*180 Or EntityDistance(Collider, e\room\Objects[8])<800*RoomScale Then
									e\Sound = LoadSound("SFX\Horror13.ogg")
									PlaySound(e\Sound)

For n.NPCs = Each NPCs ;awake the zombies
										If n\NPCtype = NPCtypeZombie Then
											n\State = 1
										EndIf
and the same for v0.7.3
Spoiler

Code: Select all

;049 spawns after 3 minutes or when the player is close enough to the containment chamber
								If e\EventState > 70*180 Or EntityDistance(Collider, e\room\Objects[8])<800*RoomScale Then
									e\Sound = LoadSound("SFX\Horror13.ogg")
									PlaySound(e\Sound)

For n.NPCs = Each NPCs ;awake the zombies
										If n\NPCtype = NPCtypeZombie Then
											n\State = 1
										EndIf
"Horror13" was the appearing sound for SCP-049 with the breathing and stuff in version 0.7.3.
Now "Horror13" is the catching sound. And that is why "Horror14" (the SCP-173 scare sound) plays when SCP-049 gets you.

Problem is now posted here: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 443#p70443