Re: Game Still Crashes on start up

DrShikura wrote:EUREKA! I got it figured out! The problem WAS interference with Third-Perty technology UNRELATED to Blitz3D altogether. The problem is Wacom Tablets! If you are experienceing this issue, then chances are, you are using a Wacom™ Drawing Tablet. This tablet is interfering with your game's launching mechanisms. An easy fix for this:

Right click the SCP - Containment Breach EXE
Properties
Compatibility
Run in Compatibility Mode
Launch as Administrator
Click Apply
Click OK

Press Ctrl + Shift + Escape to open the task manager.
Go to the PROCESSES tab.
Find the following processes and KILL them!

Pen_Tablet.exe
Pen_TabletUser.exe
InputPersonalization.exe
wisptis.exe (This one will rebuild. It's fine.)

At this point, the problem should be SOLVED! Good luck everyone!
I do not, have not, nor will I ever use in the foreseeable future, any drawing tablet of any description. Doing these steps has done nothing to solve the issue, unfortunately. I also have no idea what a perty is.

DrShikura wrote:Okay so I've determined that the problem probably isn't anything to do with our graphics cards. I updated my drivers and ran a DirectX diagnostic.
The results:
Spoiler
Spoiler
The problem is persisting beyond the safe mode encounters. This implies the program is thinking and doing something, but something else is interfering. I have updated DirectX and .net framework. Visual C++ redist is next.
Running with similar or greater specs as well. Perhaps it's because we have too much memory? lol

DrShikura wrote:EUREKA! I got it figured out! The problem WAS interference with Third-Perty technology UNRELATED to Blitz3D altogether. The problem is Wacom Tablets! If you are experienceing this issue, then chances are, you are using a Wacom™ Drawing Tablet. This tablet is interfering with your game's launching mechanisms. An easy fix for this:

Right click the SCP - Containment Breach EXE
Properties
Compatibility
Run in Compatibility Mode
Launch as Administrator
Click Apply
Click OK

Press Ctrl + Shift + Escape to open the task manager.
Go to the PROCESSES tab.
Find the following processes and KILL them!

Pen_Tablet.exe
Pen_TabletUser.exe
InputPersonalization.exe
wisptis.exe (This one will rebuild. It's fine.)

At this point, the problem should be SOLVED! Good luck everyone!
It worked just fine for me! Thank you! I think it's the wisptis.exe that cause the problem, maybe InputPersonalization and wisptis, but now I can play! Thank you!

misaelk wrote:Dropping my two cents here:

I was having the same "crash after launcher" problem, in a Win7 64 bit environment, with an AMD HD 6850.

My solution was to:
* Run the program in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP SP3,
* disable visual themes,
* disable desktop composition,
* disable display scaling on high DPI settings, and
* Run as Administrator.

Hope this helps!
Nope. :(
Tyhone wrote:Well I just fixed it on my computer, another program that causes this issue is taskhost.exe "host process for windows tasks"
it doesnt seem to cause any errors when it stops running, apparently all it does is allows processes to run from dll's rather then exes, restarting the computer turns it back on anyway if anybody has any problems
OMFG YESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the solution! WOW!!! Thank you so much! :3

Tried all of suggested.

1. I don't have tablet installed on this PC.
2. Specs:
Motherboard Asus P5Q
8 GB ram
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 ( Driver Version 9.18.13.2018 - nVIDIA Detonator 20.18 )
Windows 8.

3. Description of problem.
"Unable to create 3D scene"
This error appears as soon as program is launched.

Disabling launcher gives "Unable to set graphics mode".

Problem was NOT present on fresh installed Windows 8 with Direct X and etc.
It appeared only after full reboot (shift + click on "Shut down").

Video Card supports two monitors (one cable connected, one monitor used).
Changing settings in Nvidia Control Panel did not help.