Re: MODELING REQUESTS: SCP-860-1 (The Forest)

SalmonHeart88 wrote:OK WHAT IF
the forest was like a foggy maze thing that you had to find an exit to? And if you don't find the exit in time the monster will come to attack you, getting closer in the fog until he is upon you?
Better than just running through a path.
That's pretty much what it already will be other than the maze part. The path is not completely linear, it's a bit windy and crooked from what I've seen so far. And Regalis posted how he thought the monster should act earlier in this thread.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
SalmonHeart88 wrote:OK WHAT IF
the forest was like a foggy maze thing that you had to find an exit to? And if you don't find the exit in time the monster will come to attack you, getting closer in the fog until he is upon you?
Better than just running through a path.
That's pretty much what it already will be other than the maze part. The path is not completely linear, it's a bit windy and crooked from what I've seen so far. And Regalis posted how he thought the monster should act earlier in this thread.
yeah I didn't literally mean a maze I meant you have to find a way out.
I also meant I agree with Regalis's idea of how the monster should act.
sos should have been more specific
No jimmies were rustled in the making of this comment...

YellowFellow wrote:That looks really great. The only thing I would suggest is that the monster's arms be slightly longer. Also, the head is kind of bothering me. I think it needs a bit more of a neck.
The head is 65% neck. I think it will probably look awesome when it has the glowing eyes and is hunched over. I do think it should be more slender, afterall, moonsaber's concept portrayed it that way.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Hmm, suggestions. I'd say a bit more work on the hands, mainly where the wrist connects to the back of the hands, as well as the fingers, to make them more rigid and bony (less curvy and more segmented for a simple way to say it) would make it look just about identical to the model sheet from earlier.

And I must say, your modeling skills have improved by quite a lot from previous work.
It slep time bunner.

Update on the High-Poly sculpt:
Don't worry about the Toe Claws, I'm going to work them. More feedback appreciated.

Previous Base-Mesh work pics:
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n350 ... f30a64.png 1
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n350 ... 742ed9.png 2
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n350 ... a05554.png 3
YellowFellow wrote:That looks really great. The only thing I would suggest is that the monster's arms be slightly longer. Also, the head is kind of bothering me. I think it needs a bit more of a neck.
Arms have been lengthened, let me know if it's too long/short still, etc. I'm still working to correct the wrists and sculpt more muscle definition so it looks more natural.
Destructoid wrote:The head is 65% neck. I think it will probably look awesome when it has the glowing eyes and is hunched over. I do think it should be more slender, afterall, moonsaber's concept portrayed it that way.
Yes, the neck is quite thick actually on the modelling sheet, gives it a muscle-like look. Back of the neck is a bit tricky, it'll be slightly hunched over too, hence why it's head is a bit tilted up in the pic. But that's just it's reference pose (T-Pose).
TastyRhombus wrote:I think the new model looks quite good, not exactly what I imagined, but still looks good.
I'm curious if it's going to be bipedal or walk on all fours, I imagined the latter, but it's your interpretation.
I'm running of off Moonsaber's concept art for the monster here:
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w43 ... orest2.jpg

A bit humanoid-ish, but there will be some more [DATA EXPUNGED] for it in the future possibly. ;)
Omniary wrote:Hmm, suggestions. I'd say a bit more work on the hands, mainly where the wrist connects to the back of the hands, as well as the fingers, to make them more rigid and bony (less curvy and more segmented for a simple way to say it) would make it look just about identical to the model sheet from earlier.

And I must say, your modeling skills have improved by quite a lot from previous work.
Alright, the wrist-hand transition was a bit tough cause I sculpted the hand mesh seperately and had to connect the vertices, but it lines up with the sheet, I think when I get to sculpting the hand/claw muscle definition next it'll come out more. The claws actually got pretty dull and smaller when I subdivided, I'm working to fix them so they look more vicious. :twisted:

As for improvements, I actually purchased and became a member of the CGcookie website, he has an amazing Low-Poly character modelling series I've purchased and have been following through and learning a massive amount on how to model Humans/Creatures suitable for games. =)
Enma Ai wrote:It's looking so beautiful
Its legs are gorgeous
Were you not a man I'd be forcibly marrying you right now Micro right now

I second Yellow's suggestion of making the arms longer, otherwise I think it's perfect.
Well :lol: I'm glad your pleased, since this is your SCP and all, your opinions will automatically override anyone else's on the direction of it's work. I've lengthened the arms more, anymore criticism is appreciated.

Basically the model will (hopefully) go through work phases like this:
1). Concept/Art Check
2). Base Mesh Modelling Check
3). High Poly Sculpt Currently In Progress
4). Retopology (Builing a Low-Poly mesh over the High Poly Mesh)
5). Unwrapping
6). Texturing
7). Rigging
8). Animation
9). Exporting