Re: MODELING REQUESTS: SCP-860-1 (The Forest)

SCP-682 wrote:
MrJPenguin1 wrote: What I'm wondering is, where would a door that has a lock and requires a key be in a facility filled with button-opening doors and doors that require keycards?
In a place for testing 860.

I had thought 860 would be involved in the end of Gate A, at the end of the tunnel where the Chaos Insurgency confronts you. You'd have to go through it to avoid the nuclear blast, and exit to the decimated remains of the facility, or enter a blast shelter or something similar.
But you'd have to have the coordinates with you first! Are you going to have to wait?
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

MrJPenguin1 wrote:
SCP-682 wrote:
MrJPenguin1 wrote: What I'm wondering is, where would a door that has a lock and requires a key be in a facility filled with button-opening doors and doors that require keycards?
In a place for testing 860.

I had thought 860 would be involved in the end of Gate A, at the end of the tunnel where the Chaos Insurgency confronts you. You'd have to go through it to avoid the nuclear blast, and exit to the decimated remains of the facility, or enter a blast shelter or something similar.
But you'd have to have the coordinates with you first! Are you going to have to wait?
Well, then whats the point of having 860 in game in the first place?
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

SCP-682 wrote:Well, then whats the point of having 860 in game in the first place?
Well, not every SCP has to be an active hostility or Aid in the players escape. 895 for instance doesn't really do anything either but helps add to the game.

My suggestion for 860 is that there's a testing chamber room located somewhere in the facility for it specifically, while the key could be in a safe item storage closet anywhere else in the map. The door in the chamber of course requires a key to unlock and could let the player reach the other side of the testing room to reach another half of the facility much akin to the Maintenance Tunnel having that blast door with a code required to open it.

Mirocaine wrote:
SCP-682 wrote:Well, then whats the point of having 860 in game in the first place?
Well, not every SCP has to be an active hostility or Aid in the players escape. 895 for instance doesn't really do anything either but helps add to the game.

My suggestion for 860 is that there's a testing chamber room located somewhere in the facility for it specifically, while the key could be in a safe item storage closet anywhere else in the map. The door in the chamber of course requires a key to unlock and could let the player reach the other side of the testing room to reach another half of the facility much akin to the Maintenance Tunnel having that blast door with a code required to open it.
Regalis said once early on there would be sections to the facility. I always wanted the maintenance tunnels to lead to another scary-ass part of the facility. I always thought that it would be cool if there were sections of the facility for keters, safes, euclids, and under construction areas (caves, mines.)
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:

Regalis said once early on there would be sections to the facility. I always wanted the maintenance tunnels to lead to another scary-ass part of the facility. I always thought that it would be cool if there were sections of the facility for keters, safes, euclids, and under construction areas (caves, mines.)
I like the idea of areas filled with dangerous SCPs. I'd imagine the maintenance tunnels would lead to a place like the Dungeon (which was described in the Game Day tale, found here: http://www.scp-wiki.net/gamedaypart1index#toc0 ).

[Plus, didn't the Foundation have an area exclusively for humanoids?]
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

Mirocaine wrote:

No, I mean that if 860 didn't have the right coordinates to open a door, and it couldn't, then whats the point of even considering it, let alone modeling a full forest and monster for it?
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

There's a note in the chamber, made before the breach, and it says that 860 generated a coordinate inside the facility, and it tells the supervisor to consider cordoning off an area so they can utilize the key and neutralize it's effects for now. Of course the breach messed up this schedule and now you have to carry out the procedure in order to advance.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!