Re: MODELING REQUESTS: SCP-860-1 (The Forest)

chris0matic wrote:
Destructoid wrote:Chris, I've got to be honest, you've got to be less of an ass and let some of us hear your sounds, to make sure they're ACTUALLY GOOD first. We're just a small minority of the playerbase on the forums, we'll still get scared, trust me.
Call me what you want, Im not revealing anything. Im sorry. Im not giving hate. But i cant.
Yes you can. But when you reveal them all later and no one likes them, don't start bitching.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
chris0matic wrote:
Destructoid wrote:Chris, I've got to be honest, you've got to be less of an ass and let some of us hear your sounds, to make sure they're ACTUALLY GOOD first. We're just a small minority of the playerbase on the forums, we'll still get scared, trust me.
Call me what you want, Im not revealing anything. Im sorry. Im not giving hate. But i cant.
Yes you can. But when you reveal them all later and no one likes them, don't start bitching.
Why do you Always have to start shit with me. Huh? Im not showing much because I want it to be secret. So How about you Stop Demanding Shit and Wait. We are very Busy. For now on. Im not answering Anything.

I dont get it, why the secrecy If you're going to post it here the finished product anyway? It would be a lot better if you just showed us the progress already, then having our opinions about it, and making it better, we're all a community here, trying to make the game better, so there's no need to keep everything to yourself.

By the way, be careful with your attitude, just because you're making the model, it doesn't mean you have the right to dictate exactly what its going to be, as said we're all a community trying to help the game.

And Spartan, try having a little more patience, eh?
The zueira never ends

Hero Pietro wrote:I dont get it, why the secrecy If you're going to post it here the finished product anyway? It would be a lot better if you just showed us the progress already, then having our opinions about it, and making it better, we're all a community here, trying to make the game better, so there's no need to keep everything to yourself.

By the way, be careful with your attitude, just because you're making the model, it doesn't mean you have the right to dictate exactly what its going to be, as said we're all a community trying to help the game.
I agree with the majority of these points, it helps to have us know what we're gonna be seeing eventually.
It slep time bunner.

Alright, well, seeing as Omniary makes a valid point with the community itself seeing the model, I'll cut out the secretive stuff and post pictures of progress now. Right now were going with Moonsaber's concept art of the forest creature that Enma_AI (The original author) liked very much.

SCP 860-1 the blue forest http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w43 ... forest.jpg
another concept of the monster of SCP 860-1 http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w43 ... orest2.jpg

I'm planning on making it a mix of those two concepts, a sort of odd creature with vague human reference.

I had drawn out a seamless tile set based in 3 'child' sets (The Path, The Forest, The Concrete Wall + Door) idea with randomly generating tree models. Our idea is that instead of it always being one whole path with blocked off area's due to tree's, to instead let the player be able to wander off the path into the forest, if the player goes too far from the path, it will instead be replaced by a forest tile; so walking back and suddenly finding it all gone is very frightening.

We're trying to keep the poly count low while still trying to make pieces not seem too repetitive right now.
--------
On a bad side note I've been unable to export the MTF model with it's animations and armatures into a file type that BLITZ3D can use without it skewing for no apparent reason or having random errors (And that means all other models too). Most of the export/import addons for blender are quite outdated and will no longer work with the latest versions.. I'm still looking for solutions.
--------
Screenshots to come.

Guys. Listen. Im trying to not show Pics because of a suprise. I mean, If you guys wanted me to tell you what the concepts are and such. im fine. But Im going to stop being a ass. Ill post some of the Side pictures such as the trees and some forest scenes. As long as Mirocaine approves of it. Deal?

Guys, Heres the thing. Im not good with sharing things. Im bad with this stuff. If I share a bit. I get overly Excited And show Everything. Meaning A pic after Every little thing. Such as this:

ZOMG! I MADE THE TREE TOP A LITTLE MORE CURVY! LOOK! And id post about 10 pics on 1 tree. It would get overly done and soon Have everything spoiled. So how about this
---------------------------------------
I will post a teaser shot of each forest scene and such. If you dont like it tell me and ill edit it. Deal???