Re: a quick suggestion

Tried to animate the hands, found out that the model resolution might be too high for proper animation, so I remade a lower resolution mesh, this one uses around 1 700 polys so this is a major improvement over the last model, both for performance and animating. Here is the new model:
Tell me what you guys think

B1gB4ddy wrote:Wow, that was quick...

anyway, another suggestions:

to me, the game feels a little bit "Floaty". It's not the movement or anything, it's more the lack of SCP contact. I don't really feel like my neck is getting snapped by SCP-173 when he gets me, or that the grey man is dragging me to his pocket dimension against my will (My character is more like "alright, I'll go I guess..."), not that there is a lot wrong with that, but I expect the world of SCP to be a bit more "visceral".

For example, when SCP-173 snaps the player's neck, the player should stop walking in whatever direction he is going in for a split second, then his head should jerk violently towards SCP-173's face before the player falls to the ground and dies. With the Grey Man, the player should try to put up a pointless struggle when getting dragged into the dimension (IE: getting knocked to the ground, trying to crawl away, but then getting dragged anyway). With the Shy Guy, the player should get grabbed, turned towards Shy Guy (Who will have his face mere inches away from the player's). Shy Guy will then let out a blood-chilling scream and then he will then bite towards the player as the screen fades to black.

These are just small things that I think would make the SCPs a bit more brutal to the player. Let me know if this would be a good idea. I'm no modeller or scripter, but I am a writer after all :3
I too feel that, when you get killed by 173, his hands are just out, like "Hee hee, I snapped your neck." I'd like some death animations as well.

B1gB4ddy wrote: With the Shy Guy, the player should get grabbed, turned towards Shy Guy (Who will have his face mere inches away from the player's). Shy Guy will then let out a blood-chilling scream and then he will then bite towards the player as the screen fades to black. :3

NO GOD NO

NO GOD NO PLEASE NO

NO

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

B1gB4ddy wrote: With the Shy Guy, the player should get grabbed, turned towards Shy Guy (Who will have his face mere inches away from the player's). Shy Guy will then let out a blood-chilling scream and then he will then bite towards the player as the screen fades to black. :3

yes!

yes!

YES!

YES!

SO FUCKING YES!!!
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

to me, the game feels a little bit "Floaty". It's not the movement or anything, it's more the lack of SCP contact. I don't really feel like my neck is getting snapped by SCP-173 when he gets me, or that the grey man is dragging me to his pocket dimension against my will (My character is more like "alright, I'll go I guess..."), not that there is a lot wrong with that, but I expect the world of SCP to be a bit more "visceral".

For example, when SCP-173 snaps the player's neck, the player should stop walking in whatever direction he is going in for a split second, then his head should jerk violently towards SCP-173's face before the player falls to the ground and dies. With the Grey Man, the player should try to put up a pointless struggle when getting dragged into the dimension (IE: getting knocked to the ground, trying to crawl away, but then getting dragged anyway). With the Shy Guy, the player should get grabbed, turned towards Shy Guy (Who will have his face mere inches away from the player's). Shy Guy will then let out a blood-chilling scream and then he will then bite towards the player as the screen fades to black.

I like this How about
when your shot in both legs,you should fall to the floor and have to drag yourself away.

[/quote]
I like this How about
when your shot in both legs,you should fall to the floor and have to drag yourself away.[/quote]

I never intended for any animations to actually modify the game play's speed/style, just to add a bit of visual "flare" or to give the player a bigger punishment for failing. It's more for immersion than anything really. But I do agree that getting shot should cause a reaction (camera shake, for example)

Well, I personally don't like the idea itself, since where the player is left vague on their own character, they make up for that in imagination. When you have a hand, or a reflection, or picture, that imagination is sorta forced into that specific perspective from the point on.

Ah, that's my opinion I guess though, the arms look nice so far, good luck with the animations.
It slep time bunner.