a quick suggestion

This is just a quick suggestion for more immersion:

the addition of first person hands. The hands could reach out when in range of a button to press or an item to pick up. When putting on the gas mask, you could also see then putting it on the player's head. They would also touch a wall when crouching behind one to hide from monsters or guards.

just a quick suggestion, hopefully you guys can tell me weather it's good or bad

Re: a quick suggestion

Here is what I have so far, this model is pushing 8 thousand poly's, I was thinking that would be a good number seeing as First Person models tend to be of higher detail then other aspects in games.
I might try to optimize it, but I'm confident that most computer (if not all at this day and age) could be able to run this.

Next stop, texturing and animating

Wow, that was quick...

anyway, another suggestions:

to me, the game feels a little bit "Floaty". It's not the movement or anything, it's more the lack of SCP contact. I don't really feel like my neck is getting snapped by SCP-173 when he gets me, or that the grey man is dragging me to his pocket dimension against my will (My character is more like "alright, I'll go I guess..."), not that there is a lot wrong with that, but I expect the world of SCP to be a bit more "visceral".

For example, when SCP-173 snaps the player's neck, the player should stop walking in whatever direction he is going in for a split second, then his head should jerk violently towards SCP-173's face before the player falls to the ground and dies. With the Grey Man, the player should try to put up a pointless struggle when getting dragged into the dimension (IE: getting knocked to the ground, trying to crawl away, but then getting dragged anyway). With the Shy Guy, the player should get grabbed, turned towards Shy Guy (Who will have his face mere inches away from the player's). Shy Guy will then let out a blood-chilling scream and then he will then bite towards the player as the screen fades to black.

These are just small things that I think would make the SCPs a bit more brutal to the player. Let me know if this would be a good idea. I'm no modeller or scripter, but I am a writer after all :3

Destructoid wrote:You sure regman wants to add this? Though I'm sure it would be awesome.
I don't know, but doing this makes me feel like I'm finally contributing to this project.
If he doesn't want this, fine, at least I practised my 3d skills, and if he does, well it will be ready for him :D
If I could somehow ask him, that'd be great, but until then, I'm gonna continue on this thing