Re: Pocket Dimension Room Ideas

I think that it would be nice to add a couple of rooms/hallways you can run into.
One hallway that could blend in nicely with the 2spooky theme of the pocket dimension (aka LarryLand): A slim hallway where arms spring from the walls, inanimate at first, which start moving once the player goes near to them, trying to grab him/her and once they do, the only way to avoid being trapped into the wall would be to start moving in every direction (Think of L4D2, the way you need to move to avoid having a Jockey drag you into danger).
Once I get home, I shall attempt to draw an accurate description of what I'm imagining.

Puzzles can be a nice feature, but can become boring and even annoying after the 6th visit to LarryLand, and if they are too complex, we won't have the call of duty audience.

Fred wrote:I think that it would be nice to add a couple of rooms/hallways you can run into.
One hallway that could blend in nicely with the 2spooky theme of the pocket dimension (aka LarryLand): A slim hallway where arms spring from the walls, inanimate at first, which start moving once the player goes near to them, trying to grab him/her and once they do, the only way to avoid being trapped into the wall would be to start moving in every direction (Think of L4D2, the way you need to move to avoid having a Jockey drag you into danger).
Once I get home, I shall attempt to draw an accurate description of what I'm imagining.

Puzzles can be a nice feature, but can become boring and even annoying after the 6th visit to LarryLand, and if they are too complex, we won't have the call of duty audience.
LarryLand....I'm going start calling it that now.....I was just calling it the Radical Rape Dungeon.
My name is John...Yes you can call me that...Yes it's a bland name, but it gets the job done.
I Warhammer 40K harder than you.

The walls In the long hall ways would have scrambling hands coming from jail bar windows and lots of peolpe cry at you for help. Some d class, some random peolpe arond the world maybe. And because this game has a lot or randomly generated stuff, sometimes(or the next hallway) all the arms are dead and you hear and see millions of flys around the bars of the arms. No music of course Talk about nerve raking, leting you know your in deep shit
I'm bad at keeping my emotions bubbled and end up being perfect. It would have been trouble.

I Support this, the poket dimesion is not so interesting right now, atleast for me.

The pocket dimesion should be something more twisted, more surreal and also, have some unique items on it.
Also, maybe some places were you can defy the laws of gravity or something like that could be awesome and tricky.
Last edited by Mestiar on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How about a nice game of chess?