Some rooms should have a story.

First off, I'm not sure if this should be moved to the "Room ideas" thread, since this isn't suggesting new rooms, just new story elements in rooms.

Anywho: Now we all know CB has a very oppressive atmosphere, but at times it can seem...lacking when everything is all calm (Some rooms have nothing in them, like the hall way that has the small room where 173 can break through the glass, there is nothing in that hall way), this is why I'm suggesting that some rooms have a little "story". When I mean story I don't mean the traditional "Here are some characters, some dialogue, all that stuffs" Instead, I mean the environment of some rooms should tell a story with no dialogue.

Examples of this could be games like Fallout 3, Where you might unlock a door to a bathroom, and see a skeleton on the ground with a bunch of bottles of pills, it tells you that some one had locked themselves in, and OD'd because he/she couldn't take what was going on in the world.

One quick example I can think of for CB is say...You walk into a room, you see a long trail of blood lead out into another room, as you follow it you see that 106 had left some corrosion on the ground, and as you continued to follow the blood trail you noticed that it just stops, and where it stops could be another blot of corrosion left from 106. Perhaps you could walk into an office area, and maybe see bullet holes dotted along the chairs and desks, simple things like that.

Tell me what you guys think, and if I must move it to the Room ideas thread then I shall.

Re: Some rooms should have a story.

I'd like to expand on this with another idea I had in mind with randomized generation:

The map/game is getting bigger every update, I was thinking that Guards NPC's could actually be alive in the distance (20 rooms away or so) and actually fighting those Keter + Euclids breaking out, so there could be dead Guards, Scientists and D-classes and (expendable) SCP's in different places. It'd be different every playthrough, one Guards AI could decide to try and run, another stayed and fought + died and you can hear that in the distance, the bursts of gunfire and explosions/screams -- Every playthrough would thus be different, every room would tell a story with the AI's randomised choices -- Perhaps most of the guards + scientists + d-classes died, or a few lived and are hiding somewhere or maybe none lived at all, etc.

That would make almost every room tell a randomised story, there could be a blood trail from a wounded NPC trying to get away, gunshots everywhere inside a tunnel/office from fighting something, dead bodies, etc. (The only real bug/problem I could see here could be that the AI glitches and like 15 guards survive or something, or an scp get's stuck in the wall, etc).

Mirocaine wrote:I'd like to expand on this with another idea I had in mind with randomized generation:

The map/game is getting bigger every update, I was thinking that Guards NPC's could actually be alive in the distance (20 rooms away or so) and actually fighting those Keter + Euclids breaking out, so there could be dead Guards, Scientists and D-classes and (expendable) SCP's in different places. It'd be different every playthrough, one Guards AI could decide to try and run, another stayed and fought + died and you can hear that in the distance, the bursts of gunfire and explosions/screams -- Every playthrough would thus be different, every room would tell a story with the AI's randomised choices -- Perhaps most of the guards + scientists + d-classes died, or a few lived and are hiding somewhere or maybe none lived at all, etc.

That would make almost every room tell a randomised story, there could be a blood trail from a wounded NPC trying to get away, gunshots everywhere inside a tunnel/office from fighting something, dead bodies, etc. (The only real bug/problem I could see here could be that the AI glitches and like 15 guards survive or something, or an scp get's stuck in the wall, etc).
Perhaps add corpses or side-effects of those expendable SCP's, perhaps those SCP's wouldn't be from the Wiki, or have a number, just some sort of body or something generic.

A Hideous Beast wrote:Perhaps add corpses or side-effects of those expendable SCP's, perhaps those SCP's wouldn't be from the Wiki, or have a number, just some sort of body or something generic.
Oh they would all be from the wiki, no false scp's. (: by 'expendable' I mean SCP's that can come in various numbers like SCP-772-1's (Giant Parasitoid Wasps) even if all the wasps they keep in containment died, it isn't the extinction of that SCP; they have plenty of frozen SCP-772 eggs in a freezer near the containment room as it says in the article, so they could easily just hatch some more. (SCP-772's eggs and larvae are extremely resilient to death conditions as well.)

Mirocaine wrote:
A Hideous Beast wrote:Perhaps add corpses or side-effects of those expendable SCP's, perhaps those SCP's wouldn't be from the Wiki, or have a number, just some sort of body or something generic.
Oh they would all be from the wiki, no false scp's. (: by 'expendable' I mean SCP's that can come in various numbers like SCP-772-1's (Giant Parasitoid Wasps) even if all the wasps they keep in containment died, it isn't the extinction of that SCP; they have plenty of frozen SCP-772 eggs in a freezer near the containment room as it says in the article, so they could easily just hatch some more. (SCP-772's eggs and larvae are extremely resilient to death conditions as well.)
That could work too.

Maybe even add, Which is it? the Teddy bear that builds other bears? 1048? You could maybe add the corpses of it's creations, or maybe you could see an open door in the distance, maybe see one of it's creations run inside (maybe even close the door) Or maybe wave at you and run away when you get near.

garbo wrote:I agree. I was actually thinking about this; it would be great that in the intro sequence you could see two or three doctors working (in the office room, you know?, a room with desks, computers... xD)
Maybe you could see some one getting dragged into the pocket dimensions by 106, maybe find a corpse in a Dr.s Office (If they add other rooms for Dr.s) with a gun (Obviously you couldn't use it) or a bottle of pills and maybe a family photo next to them (As cliche as that sounds.) Perhaps you could find some one quivering in the corner, mumbling about how they think something is stalking them (372).