Storyline Suggestion Thread

Basically, here's a thread I decided to give a go that could possibly consist of basic plot elements you think could be added to the game, such as ending scenarios, suggestions that could help move the plot (such as the radio, which did provided the player with his/her surroundings, emails which gave information about the site itself, notes, etc), and rooms that could provide a progression in the plot as well (I think making an individual Room Suggestions thread should suffice, these are rooms that will affect the plot in any way or form. Ex: Alpha Warhead Chamber).
It slep time bunner.

Re: Storyline Suggestion Thread

Okay here's one. When entering Dr. Gears room (once it is implemented) you will come across a note on the table called "Subject D-9341" A.K.A. the player. It will give you a randomized personal profile of you. Were you some sort of Serial Killer? Did you go a little too far past the speed limit? Were you some random schlup they picked up off the streets? Are you really an Android that shows no fear, making you perfect for testing? Who knows. I think this would be a neat feature to know why you're here in this facility :)

Edit: Did I kill this thread? Lol : :cry:

Nah, it was pretty dead as is.

I think having a note that could describe the player could have its pros and cons. Telling the player directly why you where sent to the facility seems a bit odd, as if D-9341 (who is the player, in a sense) didn't know already. In Amnesia, it worked because you hadn't any memories of your horrible past. It does resolve a bit more about 9341's character, in an interesting way. But I think it's an interesting idea.
It slep time bunner.

I think the player escaping would have to depend on whatever the character had done to end up as a D class. If your character had been a murderer/rapist then I think it'd be a bit morally dubious that they escape and roam free.

I think one of the endings could be the mtfs use you as bait for caging 173, and then leave you to enjoy the company of your new cell mate, unless you'd done the 079 side quest in which case he might reopen the doors to rescue you.
My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChO6u5kMMBGQmj8PtipjqCQ

Mirocaine wrote:I definitely think D-9341 should be left as 'Just a lucky D-class'. He/she's story should be decided by the player's choices.
Kindly become milk on these forums too.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌