Ideas for SCP 096

SCP 096 is a great piece of work considering how unfinished he is. But when I experimented with him, I couldn't help feeling he was missing something. The thing that bugged me is he is too forgiving. Yes I know he is nowhere near complete, but I thought I would make this thread to share a couple ideas to make him a lot more interesting.
Let me start by saying this: he's far too slow. When you encounter him, you need a REALLY good reason not to look at him. At the moment, you can look at him and walk away with all of your body parts attached. That should not happen at all. When you make him angry, it needs to be a guarantee that you are going to die otherwise there's no point avoiding him.
My suggestions on how to fix this:
1) Make him faster. I tried out many different speeds that he could be and 6.0 seems perfect. He CAN outrun you, but he is fairly slow at catching up if you run constantly. If you are agile and quick thinking, you might be able to escape him for a while, but this shouldn't be a guarantee.
2) Make him spawn near you when you escape. By this, I mean if you somehow get away, he should appear somewhere unexpected and surprise you. He could fall from air vents, climb over the rails on high platforms and appear down long corridors. This makes it so you are ALWAYS on the run and will eventually catch you out.
3) Make him open doors slowly. He should have some kind of animation where he grabs the side of the door and violently rips it open. It should take a few seconds for him to do this but it will grant you some valuable seconds to escape.
4) Add distant screams and roars to alert you of his presence. How creepy would it be for you to hear a male scream of anger in those split corridors and then see him rip a door open to catch you? Very scary. Should be a good feature to add.

Please leave a comment on what you think of these ideas. Cheers for reading.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Re: Ideas for SCP 096

1) I'm not sure about his running speed since I usually just fly around him with no clip, but he takes way to long to trigger him to actually attack you.

2) I agree, I'm not sure how you'd loose him in the first place, since he can just rip open any door, including large doors (specifically the door separating the two ends of the maintenance tunnels). He doesn't seem to walk through tesla gates though.

3) Like the monsters from Amnesia. Your doomed to die anyway..slowing him down would be a bit of false hope.

4) I agree with this as well, right now he just sounds like a messed up distortion filter, he's suppose to sound human.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Pretty good ideas. I'd say the speed should be 5.0 so that the player can actually try to escape (With upgraded gasmask), only to be killed later.

His door ripping animations should be like grabbing the door forcefully and pushing it open quickly, or just plain-bashing through them. That way the player can see his true strenght. Like, if the player goes around in the maintenaince tunnels and completes them, goes up the elevator, SCP-096 will still be on the wrong side, but he will be punching the door maniatically and it will actually start breaking.

Appearing out of nowhere seems a little bit too non-sensical. Maybe he could have increased speed if the player is starting to outrun it. So that the player never has a advantage because he will die anyway.

He also should have a hitting animation. His current way of killing is just touching you. He should lift his arm in the air, then crush you with it. Like the Regeneradores in Resident Evil 4.

And his way of running looks kind of too cartoonish. He should run in some kind of human way.

And one more thing...

If you ever manage to get to Gate A or B while 096 is chasing you, there should be some kind of different ending. Like the player walking in the tunnel, and the Chaos insurgency agents about to appear, but then you hear 096's scream and you look back, he's sprinting at you and then kills you.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

1) The wiki states he runs around 30km/h. At least make him slightly faster than our protagonist to keep in line with the wikipedia.
2) It says on the wiki that he begins to run to the person that viewed his face, so it's more likely that'll he'll take the path of least resistance, going through vents isn't very efficient energy-wise.
3) I concur.
4) I think our current audio satisfies this perfectly. Though I'm not complaining if said suggestion was added by Regalis in future updates.
I am officially SCP-426. I am a toaster, and people refer to me in first person. This memetic quality is one of my best traits!

ThatGoodSir wrote:1) The wiki states he runs around 30km/h. At least make him slightly faster than our protagonist to keep in line with the wikipedia.
2) It says on the wiki that he begins to run to the person that viewed his face, so it's more likely that'll he'll take the path of least resistance, going through vents isn't very efficient energy-wise.
3) I concur.
4) I think our current audio satisfies this perfectly. Though I'm not complaining if said suggestion was added by Regalis in future updates.
Actually, he can run very, very faster than 30 km\h. See Incident 096-1-A
"MTF-T-1: Hold one. That’s a negative, Big Brother. ER-A is reporting that the target is outrunning their choppers. They can’t get ahead of him."
I don't know how fast military choppers can fly, but faster than 30 km\h, I think.

And he always gets the shortest way possible - a straight way. Even if it means ripping of some steel. See Document #096-1

As for the sounds... I always imagine some tropical bird or something when I hear them. But SCP-096 cries like human.
Oh, I hate it when people just can't remember my name. I'm [REDACTED], morons.

My ideas:

1. If 096 reaches a door. There should be times where it takes a randomized count of 1-5 Bashes before it opens. So its a bit realistic.

2. Make him get angry easier. Like getting close enough to him maybe do something.. Like make him yell a bit, but not aggressive. if looke at in anyways, he should attack.

3. Make him run fast. Very fast. about maybe 8? It said he runs very fast so yeah.

4. Make it so in some rooms he bashes a hole in the wall. Like in the lockroom to get to the other side. (but not much other doors)

5. Make him Yell and shriek and growl as hes chasing you. hearing the sounds Would be scary.

6. Have him break glass! in the video with the MTF guards and the crouching behind glass. Make it so 096 brakes the glass down to kill you. destructive noises scare players, too.