Game Booster | Concept Idea

Recently while playing v1.0.X, I have came to notice I have significantly lower FPS than normal.
This concept, however, is a thought that came to mind.
I was thinking that if there was an option to lower the texture/model quality, (along with screen resolution, which we already have), the game could run MUCH faster.
[This mod would not be needed for everyone, since some of us has very good gaming computers]
I have tried to manually go in the game and change the texture quality, but it crashes each time.
Possibly (and most likely) I'm just doing it wrong.
Keep in mind this is a concept idea. It would be nice for it to be true, especially for those with not-so-great computers.
-
In case you are curious, here are my basic specs:
-4GB RAM
-64-Bit
-Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop
-No GPU

:079_2:
I have spoken to God.
He has abandoned us.

Re: Game Booster | Concept Idea

With no GPU there aren't many more ways to increase your framerate; additional load is put on the CPU to render your stuff instead of another, independent processor doing it, and it's kinda too much for the laptop to handle, considering the CPU has it's own chores to do WHILE having to render your things.

Not much to be done about it, with it being a laptop, was your fps higher (as in, SIGNIFICANTLY higher, we're talking about differences of 20-30 fps or more.) in previous versions? Now i'm going to ramble on a bit.

I am not quite sure if being able to reduce texture quality would have a noticeable effect, (anyone experienced in the engine and how games do stuff please correct me), SCP:CB textures are mostly repetitive, inside small enviorements, so i don't really think it'd give much of an advantage other than making the walls look terribly blurry.

Model quality is probably not going to do much either considering that there's nearly no high polycount models in the screen at any time except in encounters with 173 or other NPCs. It isn't like games for example, GMOD, where half of the stuff rendered is models, haha.

SCP:CB doesn't need a god tier computer to run at 60 fps constantly (getting 30-40 fps with fraps with a old nvidia gt240 and core 2 duo, and 50 without fraps), if it doesn't it's because you're either using no GPU or because the game hasn't been optimized in some aspects.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango