Re: MTF model file

Irontaco wrote:Taking a look at it at Blender and i can't really see how it is a bad model. Considering the mess that CB is with it's models coming all from a LOT of different modellers with varying skill levels i'd like to see it in the game anyway since it fits pretty good IMO. Don't quite remember who made the 106 model but if that was you it'd be nice to have the very VERY main NPCs models all made by you.
Nah, just made the one for 096.
The problems would come if started animating the model, the same thing happened with 096; the only difference is that 096 has a ridiculous number of polygons so it kind of hides it, but not that well.
Mirocaine wrote:Topology looks pretty great imho.

But most modellers like to do a High poly sculpt and work for the normal map and Ambient occlusion bake, THEN do the low poly retopology over the high poly model.

Still is pretty nice though ;(
Really? there are triangles everywhere, it really breaks any topology that could have existed.
Yeah, at the time I didn't think about doing the model that way, but it's a much smarter way to go about it when I look at it now.

Thanks. :laugh:
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Damn, I can't wait to open these. Night you are a god in this forum and I highly commend your work on 096 and the MTF units. I was waiting for this to release to start working on the MTF overhaul for my New Fear mod, but I guess that won't happen until someone finishes it. I could do it, but I can almost guarantee I don't have enough patience.

Work on a new P90:
Spoiler
Couple notes on the MTF model:

-Rescaled Base texture and mirrored UV's on 1024x1024 texture
-Baked a (meh) normal map from a subdived high poly version of the model.
-Fixed a couple proportions (fattening up the leg padding a bit).

I like completely spaced halfway through that a gun isn't complete yet, so back to the ol' P90 for close quarters combat boys 8) 8) 8)

Night wrote:Lookin' good so far; only thing is that it looks a tad too soft. Perhaps add another edge loop around the corners of the gun so it looks a little sharper.
I highly doubt that the ingame model would be the same level of subdivision used in the image, it probably looks way sharper when not divided.