SCP-914 Item Suggestions

Since there is a thread for suggesting new liquids from 294 I believe that it would make sense for us to also have a thread for suggesting new items obtained through SCP-914.

First off, I think we need some ideas for some interesting reactions when placing obtainable SCP items inside 914. What do you imagine would happen if you refined the SCP items that are currently available? For example, if you refined SCP-714 on the fine or very fine setting, do you think it would turn into something helpful? or possibly into something that seems helpful at first but ends up dooming you.

I hope this thread will get some attention because I think 914 as it currently is in the game is just a cheap knockoff of 914 as it is in the SCP wiki. Without the ability to create strange and wonderful items, and giving you the fun of experimenting to discover all kinds of new things, which is the whole point of 914, it just isn't the same.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

Re: SCP-914 Item Suggestions

What about this for 714:

rough/coarse: green decal
1:1: no change
fine: same, but more stamina
very fine: if you put it on, you first have the same as fine, but after some time, your vision slowly starts to blurr and you will heavily start to breath. If you try to unequipp the ring it says sth. like "You try to take off the ring but it doesn't move." After some time, you'll die unless you find some SCP-500 which annuls 714's lethal properties.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote:What about this for 714:

rough/coarse: green decal
1:1: no change
fine: same, but more stamina
very fine: if you put it on, you first have the same as fine, but after some time, your vision slowly starts to blurr and you will heavily start to breath. If you try to unequipp the ring it says sth. like "You try to take off the ring but it doesn't move." After some time, you'll die unless you find some SCP-500 which annuls 714's lethal properties.
I think you can come up with something more imaginitiv then that. Also, when SCP-914 is set to very fine, it usually changes items into something that does not reseble the original item but has the same basic purpose but does it far better. 714 on very fine would probably no longer resemble a ring but would still have some of it's properties.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

I actually think that we should not most scps be refined by 914. Scp's point is that they are unique, and being able to improve them would actualy destroy the point of most scp. Some have already 914 logs that can be used a as base, but I fear that most ideas here would be centered on in-game changes, and missing the actual point of 914 and the original objects(not just that alter your stats or kill you). SCP objects are realitybreaking things, very fine scp items must be... there is a reason the foundation tries to prevent cross scp experimentation. there is already problems into translating the scp abilities to the game, now we have to think absurdely overpowered abilities slightly related to original ones, and then translating them to the game.

I propose, based on the fact that in the wiki scp914 had numerous dificulties with some scp and anomalous items, sometimes even damaging the machine itself, I think that the best course of action would be that scp914 starts making loud noises and trembling for a while, and then sound of metal breaking, smoke and sparks coming out of it, also permantly closing both doors(in some cases the door could still be open, given acces or escape to the scp item, for the people who bothher to put 173 and 096 on the intake boot, or some other scp item). Futher attempts at winding the key should only cause a few sparks and broken machinary noise.

This could also be used to teach people to not abuse 914.

opinions?

And for items, I say to play safe and do something similar to the original healing locket for scp-500 on very fine, just a different object instead of a locket. it would be pseudo canon, and the effect, along with scp500 are the easiest to translate to the game

pd: scp-500 only cuses illnes, it does not undo any other effect of scps.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Lusor1111 wrote:I actually think that we should not most scps be refined by 914. Scp's point is that they are unique, and being able to improve them would actualy destroy the point of most scp. Some have already 914 logs that can be used a as base, but I fear that most ideas here would be centered on in-game changes, and missing the actual point of 914 and the original objects(not just that alter your stats or kill you). SCP objects are realitybreaking things, very fine scp items must be... there is a reason the foundation tries to prevent cross scp experimentation. there is already problems into translating the scp abilities to the game, now we have to think absurdely overpowered abilities slightly related to original ones, and then translating them to the game.

I propose, based on the fact that in the wiki scp914 had numerous dificulties with some scp and anomalous items, sometimes even damaging the machine itself, I think that the best course of action would be that scp914 starts making loud noises and trembling for a while, and then sound of metal breaking, smoke and sparks coming out of it, also permantly closing both doors(in some cases the door could still be open, given acces or escape to the scp item, for the people who bothher to put 173 and 096 on the intake boot, or some other scp item). Futher attempts at winding the key should only cause a few sparks and broken machinary noise.

This could also be used to teach people to not abuse 914.

opinions?

And for items, I say to play safe and do something similar to the original healing locket for scp-500 on very fine, just a different object instead of a locket. it would be pseudo canon, and the effect, along with scp500 are the easiest to translate to the game

pd: scp-500 only cuses illnes, it does not undo any other effect of scps.
The foundation does not prevent cross SCP experimentation, look at the SCP-682 log: http://www.scp-wiki.net/experiment-log- ... -oc108-682

You are very wrong about SCP-500, it can cure the effects of most SCP's that produce some sort of disease or materialization of the organism/humanoid.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

first of all, 682 is an exception becuse the foundation wants to kill it whatever it takes, also as you can see they didn't turn it to fine or very fine. Scp are invaluable objects which are beyond our knowledge, they don't usually cross experiment because you can't actually know how most scp will react, or how reality would react.

When you said i was wrong I thought you would use a normal example, like scp-500, which was experimented upon using other scp, for the sake of experimenting. It is disappointing to see you using 682 as an excuse, even more when you make it sound like every object is treated like 682. Remember that while everything esle is an object of study, 682 is to be destroyed as soon as posible.

Also scp500 only reverts changes on the body, it does not remove curses, compulsions, inavility to do things o anything else that is not based on changing the body of the person who takes it. If the ring melted with your flesh you would be right, but simply being unable to take it off is not a change on your body.

Lusor1111 wrote:Also scp500 only reverts changes on the body, it does not remove curses, compulsions, inavility to do things o anything else that is not based on changing the body of the person who takes it. If the ring melted with your flesh you would be right, but simply being unable to take it off is not a change on your body.
Look:
SCP-008 Page wrote: Addendum 008-1: SCP-500 has been found to be able to completely cure SCP-008 even in the advanced stages of the disease.
SCP-409 Page wrote: Subject 409-D5 was exposed to the effects of SCP-409 and was left to become severely "crystallized". After that he was treated with SCP-500. Complete recovery was achieved in 9 days.
http://gorillagong.com/

I've become a gorilla.

What I do have to look at? Examples of what I said from the start?

Crystalization? change on your body. Abnormal illnes? change on your body.

Cursed item that can't be taken off? no change on your body. You were exposed to a memetic agent that makes you die after trying to expose more people? no change in your body.

As much as you seem to believe scp500 to be a solution to all scp effects, it isn't. It's just a pill that makes your body healthy, no matter what happened before(thought it does not regrow limbs and such). It only works with biological changes, even the anormal ones.