Re: Various models for consideration

D Class is looking really great man :)
I wasn't sure about the semi sci-fi look at first, but it works very well indeed. Will you be making a few model variants (the face would have be changed around quite a lot probably, but a different body build so they are fatter, thinner, taller, shorter etc. shouldn't be too much to do), as well as the different textures? Cos it would be pretty weird if they ALL looked like that =P It's not so weird with the current models because they are very basic and generic, with the textures doing about 90% of the detail, but here its mostly the model itself.

The only problem with that is that there would be a lot more work for anyone animating them. The changes would have to be done in the animation program, and not in zbrush. Besides that, i don't think the engine could handle the models id have to make to handle that kind of change.

So for now it's shaved head athlete or naturally bald athlete.
Added a belt. I think it might be a little too high tech looking, but I think it looks cool.
Modeler, Texturer, Animator in training, and novice voice actor.

Spread the word: http://infinitescopeproductions.blogspot.com/

Wow, the Class D is certainly shaping up quite nicely. If I could make a couple of suggestions, perhaps removing the large SCP symbol on the back, in favor of just the centered "CLASS-D" text? It's kind of unnecessary and awkward looking to me, especially in its position. Maybe one on its front pocket like in the current model, or somewhere small and out of the way. For the different looking Class D's, my suggestion would be to bake the details of two different high poly sculpts into one low poly one, so that they share the same model, but look relatively different. Then again, my limited knowledge of modeling might prove me wrong there.

Love the way its looking so far though.
It slep time bunner.

Probably something like that. Laces are gonna be a [DATA EXPUNGED] to make convincingly.

Now going to put more detail than planned into the hands, seeing as first person hands are a possibility
Omniary wrote:Wow, the Class D is certainly shaping up quite nicely. If I could make a couple of suggestions, perhaps removing the large SCP symbol on the back, in favor of just the centered "CLASS-D" text? It's kind of unnecessary and awkward looking to me, especially in its position. Maybe one on its front pocket like in the current model, or somewhere small and out of the way. For the different looking Class D's, my suggestion would be to bake the details of two different high poly sculpts into one low poly one, so that they share the same model, but look relatively different. Then again, my limited knowledge of modeling might prove me wrong there.

Love the way its looking so far though.
This is probably the best option, although the only way to do it without looking awkward is to only sculpt faces. of course, the face could just be done like the current model, with actual photos stretched to fit the UV map.

EDIT: fixed an accidental double post

EDIT 2: working on the pants. Full disclosure; pants are hard.
Modeler, Texturer, Animator in training, and novice voice actor.

Spread the word: http://infinitescopeproductions.blogspot.com/