Re: Phanalax's Models

Oh look I'm going to necro my own thread. Anyways I thought I would show you guys some stuff I did recently, now that I actually have time to do modeling again.
Also sorry about disappearing for a long time, had to prioritize other things.
I've begun to texture the model (very basic color, no specular yet) and I have finished a low poly for in game use.
I just wanted you guys to know I haven't given up, I'm just not consistent with speed and such.
I can't give you an estimate on when i'll finish, but I'm a lot closer then before.

Juicy wrote:
Child Muncher wrote:Looks good but I don't think it will make it into the game. Just my opinion.
The only reason to not include the model in the game is peformance and that can easily be fixed with an extremely low poly version of it, it's much better than a twisted SCP-106.
Of course it is :)

Hey that looks fantastic Phanalax!

You're using Blender (right?)

That looks canon (Based on Sylocats specifications) and can make it into the game, I can help maybe with the export process and baking all the normals, ambient occlusion, etc. If you run into any trouble!

Just that the model will have to be shown quickly in-game.. I'd hate to have players get a good look at it, I think some darker tones on the color and some violent/flashy animation could fix it.. Hmm.. (that's why even though the current in-game model looks genuinely like crap, it doesn't have a specific form but a silhouette of this thing moving violently and quickly at the corners of your vision). I don't know if Blitz3d supports adding a sort of blur effect to the model aswell so players cant screencap it effectively.

Mirocaine wrote:I don't know if Blitz3d supports adding a sort of blur effect to the model aswell so players cant screencap it effectively.
513-1 uses a similar effect, he kind of looks more like an illusion that way.
Spoiler
Also, this might just be me, but I feel that the skin tone is much too dark for 372 compared to the original image. The model is looking great though, it's made a lot of progress since, glad to see it didn't get totally abandoned.
It slep time bunner.

Juicy wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:You're using Blender (right?)
He's using ZBrush
That's even better, we can import that into blender and bake out some normals, etc.urnext

And sorry Peanut I'm too lazy to quote your post cause Im at work, but that's actually a good point, I think with that effect it can keep a new 372 model from being too pristine/clear for players to screenshot or catch on video. Which should increase their fear and desperation to know just exactly what the :REDACTED: it is. :106: