Re: Phanalax's Models

I was about to do a sketch on him but then i found this image.
The head should kind of look like in the image, your current model looks alike but the jaw and mouth or head in general has little perception of a skull or an actual jaw, apart from that, good work.

Although, to be honest, these issues shouldn't be too worrying since most times you encounter 372 it tends to be for one second or less.

What animations are you gonna put into it? Considering that the current 372 has the ability to simply dinamically distort the model and to noclip in a linear fashion an animation for this model is a hard thing to think about.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

I Think at this point he amount of work I'd have to place into the model to get the head reshaped would be not worth the effort. I was thinking animation wise that He would have a runnning, jumping, scuttling(not sure if this is any different from running). maybe have him twisting around or something. Because of his length we would probably not look good turning corners without any procedural animation, which im almost certain Blitz3d doesn't have native support for. Anyways here are some scales for you too pick from, just pick one, two, or provide an example you think fits better.
I know they are fairly similar.
I'll not to use that bright red anymore, its a little harsh on the eyes.

Phanalax wrote: stuff
Honestly, I think people are probably being TOO fussy about how it looks. I cant see anything wrong with it, and it looks fantastic (it will be even more so with the texture)! I mean... compare it to what we have now - a distorted, ugly mess of polygons that used to be a model for 106... and before that, a ninja model. You only ever get to see it for a split second anyway.
Quick question, are you gonna give it some nice animations so it doesn't just spaz out across the screen like it does currently?

Phanalax wrote:Yes I am going to give it animations. Which set of scales did you find more aesthetically pleasing?
Ah good, that will be nice.
Hmm... probably the second pair of scales. The first one looks cooler, though the second just seems to fit more. Surely a texture will work fine though...? There must be a huge amount of polygons going on there.

The process gos like this: I make a Super High poly model with many little details and awesome things like that. Then I make a low poly one based on the high poly model and "Bake" the details into the low poly. It's sorta like taking the super detailed on and turning it into a texture for a low poly one.

Skin_ wrote: Honestly, I think people are probably being TOO fussy about how it looks. I cant see anything wrong with it, and it looks fantastic (it will be even more so with the texture)! I mean... compare it to what we have now - a distorted, ugly mess of polygons that used to be a model for 106... and before that, a ninja model. You only ever get to see it for a split second anyway.
Quick question, are you gonna give it some nice animations so it doesn't just spaz out across the screen like it does currently?
Certainly the model looks amazing.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest