Idea: Glasses

I been thinking about it quite some time now when i first got my Glasses, i noticed that my glasses can see faraway, then i made up a plan, why don't we add glasses to the game to make the glasses camera fog 30 and 30 (like camerafog 30 30), here is my idea, in Dr. Maynard's room, there will be left behind glasses, the player picks it up, and can wear it by going into the inventory and double clicking it, then the camerafog goes 30 by 30, allowing the player to see faraway.

Thoughts? :)
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Re: Idea: Glasses

Glasses don't work that way. You can't just grab a pair of glasses, and see far away immediately. First you have to have a condition which makes you wear glasses, and secondly, you need the right augment and type of glasses. Grabbing a random pair will do nothing except make your sight blurry and give you a headache.

What would the use be even? Make it so that you can see a little further away? Seem pretty pointless and not worth the time to code it.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

hug0905 wrote:I been thinking about it quite some time now when i first got my Glasses, i noticed that my glasses can see faraway, then i made up a plan, why don't we add glasses to the game to make the glasses camera fog 30 and 30 (like camerafog 30 30), here is my idea, in Dr. Maynard's room, there will be left behind glasses, the player picks it up, and can wear it by going into the inventory and double clicking it, then the camerafog goes 30 by 30, allowing the player to see faraway.

Thoughts? :)
a helmet that polarize the face of :096: 8)

FireFox wrote:Sadly, I don't think the " You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses " thought will cross the minds of the MTF or SCPs.
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if the MTF grabbed your glasses and started beating the shit out of you with them.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

While having an item that let you see a little bit more far away could be useful in certain situations (MTFs a few rooms ahead), glasses sadly do not work that way IRL.

If you can see far away with your glasses more than without them it means that you have a vision problem, hug.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

That Same Anon wrote: technically there's SCRAMBLE gear but bleh it would be hard to make it only distort 096's face with a camera effect
SCRAMBLE gear was ineffective since 096's face went through for a fraction of a second before being...well..scrambled. Although what would happen if it went through 914 on fine or very fine?

It would be a neat addition being able to get SCRAMBLE gear. If used normally, it would just make 096's fuzzy but will still trigger him. But if it went through 914 it could be made into something that could be useful (temporarily?). After all, we have the drops for 173.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:SCRAMBLE gear was ineffective since 096's face went through for a fraction of a second before being...well..scrambled.?
only if the user's eyes were open when it locks onto 096's face. If your eyes are closed, and it dings or something, keep looking at 096 or it'll lose track i'd assume. Point is, it DOES work, but it has some major flaws.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card