Re: player model

Then we'd have to have double the amount of audio for the player. Though I already have all the audio clips(I tend to replace D-9341's voice with my own) then doing so wouldn't be too much of a burden. Though I doubt it would be easy to have two separate voice lines for every scene unless you do something like this.

Code: Select all

Case 1
PlaySFX("player1.ogg")
Case 2
PlaySFX("player1_FEMALE.ogg")
But doing it for every single player sound would be tough. Regalis put enough effort into implementing male voice lines for D-9341. Cridone and I were working on a Character Customization mod, but it's been ever since abandoned by him, and modeling a female human has gotten extremely frustrating.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

The question is, what's the point of a female model? Or a different model at all. You will never see the model, so as far as you know, the current model could be a piece of cardboard with legs. It would be a waste of time to model something you won't ever see.

The sounds and audio however could be a nice addition. Having a box when making a new game allowing you to choose between male and female and depending on which one you chose, you would get one of the two audio sounds.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

D-9999 wrote:Then we'd have to have double the amount of audio for the player. Though I already have all the audio clips(I tend to replace D-9341's voice with my own) then doing so wouldn't be too much of a burden. Though I doubt it would be easy to have two separate voice lines for every scene unless you do something like this.

Code: Select all

Case 1
PlaySFX("player1.ogg")
Case 2
PlaySFX("player1_FEMALE.ogg")
But doing it for every single player sound would be tough. Regalis put enough effort into implementing male voice lines for D-9341. Cridone and I were working on a Character Customization mod, but it's been ever since abandoned by him, and modeling a female human has gotten extremely frustrating.
If you already have most of the audio for it I would suggest it to Regalis. Immersion is supposed to be one of the key points of the game but if you're a lady that would be a hard thing to do if your avatar sounds manly :laugh:
Cridone wrote:
Rooster wrote:-stuff-
You said "default character model", which made me think that you meant a model that the player can see while looking down.
Oh, no, not that kind of model lol. That would be a pain in the ass to do. I mean the one he's using as the current model ( behind the first person pov ) this way for whatever reason if the camera goes into third person pov you would have a model for each gender. Example would be like a cut-scene or death-scene, something to that extent.