Re: A reason to interact with more SCPs

Welsh wrote: 1) Given it's been guessed that the Chaos Insurgency caused the breach in the first place, they could be trying to steal the coffin but end up misplacing it somewhere in the facility. This would require the player to get it back into its chamber. How? Not sure. Coffins aren't light and you can't shove them in an inventory. As a precaution, players can't watch any screens.

2) It could serve as a fun experimental subject. Getting a camera/videocamera/microphone to record and seeing the differences as you go from 50 meters where the weird stuff starts to the 5-10 meters where the fatal images/sounds occur. Problem is, it still wouldn't serve as anything important story-wise and would just get you killed anyway.
1. Why would you even bother risking your life just to put the thing back to its chamber? Might as well just leave it where you found and keep going where you were going. It won't do anything to you otherwise.

2. Knowing what the thing does, why would you risk messing with a camera? It would make sense if you were sent by a researcher to experiment on it, but you are in a breach trying to survive, not experiment with stuff.

What I would like to see though, is 079 messing with you by making some of the monitors show you 895. It would be a very nasty surprise and will make the player panic trying to leave the room in order to not look at the monitor by accident.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
Welsh wrote: 1) Given it's been guessed that the Chaos Insurgency caused the breach in the first place, they could be trying to steal the coffin but end up misplacing it somewhere in the facility. This would require the player to get it back into its chamber. How? Not sure. Coffins aren't light and you can't shove them in an inventory. As a precaution, players can't watch any screens.

2) It could serve as a fun experimental subject. Getting a camera/videocamera/microphone to record and seeing the differences as you go from 50 meters where the weird stuff starts to the 5-10 meters where the fatal images/sounds occur. Problem is, it still wouldn't serve as anything important story-wise and would just get you killed anyway.
1. Why would you even bother risking your life just to put the thing back to its chamber? Might as well just leave it where you found and keep going where you were going. It won't do anything to you otherwise.

2. Knowing what the thing does, why would you risk messing with a camera? It would make sense if you were sent by a researcher to experiment on it, but you are in a breach trying to survive, not experiment with stuff.

What I would like to see though, is 079 messing with you by making some of the monitors show you 895. It would be a very nasty surprise and will make the player panic trying to leave the room in order to not look at the monitor by accident.
I guess that is kind of the issue of 895. There is no important reason to mess with it nor is there any reward out of doing so (besides death). All my first idea would ever do is bring a checkmark to the endgame list (which doesn't ultimately reward anything). The idea of someone such as 079 trying to expose you to it and requiring yourself to avoid it is more of a better idea. The coffin would have to be forced upon you in order to bring the idea of danger, because nothing rewarding comes out of forcing yourself upon it.

Yeah, I like the idea of 079 displaying 895 on TV screens, problem is 895 isn't even that lethal, it only causes disturbing hallucinations which worsen with proximity. You could probably open the coffin lid, but even then, that will probably only cause mild projectile vomiting and extreme fear.

Maybe any TV screens with say a 3 room proximity could display something similar to the 895 feed.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-895
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Glitch wrote:Yeah, I like the idea of 079 displaying 895 on TV screens, problem is 895 isn't even that lethal, it only causes disturbing hallucinations which worsen with proximity. You could probably open the coffin lid, but even then, that will probably only cause mild projectile vomiting and extreme fear.

Maybe any TV screens with say a 3 room proximity could display something similar to the 895 feed.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-895
SCP-895 can kill but the only evidence of that in the article is Addendum 895-02 which mentions the loss of three personnel (which could be argued to be either dying of shock or being murdered by a hysterical victim). Recording it within the Red Zone (within 10 meters) gives you traumatic sounds/images that drives you into hysteria. But the recording would have to somehow be that close and SCP-079 would have to be able to technically do it. Currently 895's room doesn't make sense because the camera shouldn't even be that close enough to the coffin to pick up the traumatic images. I wouldn't have any ideas of why a camera would be that dangerously close to the coffin unless A) the coffin was somehow moved closer or B) 079 is able to operate a mobile camera that would get close enough.

I'd actually like to see a change from the 'delayed heart attack' death the game currently has for exposure of 895 to something scarier. Like the player going crazy before committing suicide in some wild manner (smashing his head into the wall or diving off the top of the stairwell where the monitor is).

Edit: Strike the last bit. Kind of dumb and excessive unless hysteria can really lead to that.

Another idea, you could find the chamber empty, 106 would still spawn there.
Kind of like how 096 spawned in a lockroom as a placeholder, the coffin would spawn randomly. Everything within a room radius of about 2 rooms would have the death-image effect,
and about a 5 room radius of mild cases. However, lockrooms should not spawn in the 2-room radius, that would be too OP for 173.

How about adding an end game achievement to the current list like " Collected all entity related SCP documents " That would not only encourage another playthrough but exploration as well :)

Also, change the ugly achievement list menu to something cooler like a clipboard with the SCP logo and a couple blood splatters on the white sheet of paper. If possible make the check marks look like pen check marks instead of the blocky ones as well 8)