Re: A reason to interact with more SCPs

This could actually be nice for that one SCP that we dislike and never even bother to check out, 895.

I'm serious. There's nothing interesting there apart from the screen. I was thinking of a little talk on the radio about a missing important researcher or agent that was last seen inside 895, then the player find something to keep going from the corpse in that chamber. But even like that 895 wouldn't have a purpose either.

Maybe the live camera of 895 should be played to all screens during some times, so the player has to look away.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:This could actually be nice for that one SCP that we dislike and never even bother to check out, 895.

I'm serious. There's nothing interesting there apart from the screen. I was thinking of a little talk on the radio about a missing important researcher or agent that was last seen inside 895, then the player find something to keep going from the corpse in that chamber. But even like that 895 wouldn't have a purpose either.

Maybe the live camera of 895 should be played to all screens during some times, so the player has to look away.
This could indeed work.

That would be interesting, but why would the foundation play 895's live camera on all monitors? That would seem pretty dumb for a foundation smart enough to figure out how to contain 106 (even if it is momentarily).

Maybe hide a level five key card or an SCP-500 next to the dead security guard in 895's containment chamber.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

Princess Luna wrote:That would be interesting, but why would the foundation play 895's live camera on all monitors? That would seem pretty dumb for a foundation smart enough to figure out how to contain 106 (even if it is momentarily).

Maybe hide a level five key card or an SCP-500 next to the dead security guard in 895's containment chamber.
Because 895 causes disruption in video recordings,and if anybody view it,it will result in death.
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

Exactly. But they meant only for brief periods of time. While this would be awesome to have in-game, it wouldn't make anyone want to visit 895's containment unit.

[EDIT]
I just realized that this whole displaying of 895's live camera on all monitors could work, if you have a way of shutting it off in 895's containment unit. But this still raises the question, why would the foundation display this camera on all the monitors in the first place?
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

Princess Luna wrote:Exactly. But they meant only for brief periods of time. While this would be awesome to have in-game, it wouldn't make anyone want to visit 895's containment unit.

[EDIT]
I just realized that this whole displaying of 895's live camera on all monitors could work, if you have a way of shutting it off in 895's containment unit. But this still raises the question, why would the foundation display this camera on all the monitors in the first place?
Because the Foundation is tricking everybody into looking at the monitors.
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

I'mNotBlappy wrote:
Princess Luna wrote:Exactly. But they meant only for brief periods of time. While this would be awesome to have in-game, it wouldn't make anyone want to visit 895's containment unit.

[EDIT]
Because the Foundation is tricking everybody into looking at the monitors.
Perhaps the AI has taken control of facility somehow? Maybe when it tricks you into freeing it, it betrays you and shows 895 on all monitors.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

The thing about 895 is that all it currently serves is as a very specific way to die (via the screen) or to spawn 106 for whatever reason (unless the latter has been taken out recently as I haven't been to the coffin in a long time). It's just a supernatural coffin, not a creature. It can't move. The only way to be in any danger is to have recording equipment (cameras, microphones) within ten meters of it. And the only people who would do that are those who are curious and familiar with the subject or people who have no idea and foolishly look at the screen in the room. Right now I can see two ways to build interaction with 895:

1) Given it's been guessed that the Chaos Insurgency caused the breach in the first place, they could be trying to steal the coffin but end up misplacing it somewhere in the facility. This would require the player to get it back into its chamber. How? Not sure. Coffins aren't light and you can't shove them in an inventory. As a precaution, players can't watch any screens.

2) It could serve as a fun experimental subject. Getting a camera/videocamera/microphone to record and seeing the differences as you go from 50 meters where the weird stuff starts to the 5-10 meters where the fatal images/sounds occur. Problem is, it still wouldn't serve as anything important story-wise and would just get you killed anyway.