Re: The New Suggestions Thread

Irontaco wrote: I'd feel the limo would be better of changed to be a heavy-SUV-thing, it'd make a lot more sense.
That's what I originally wanted to do but the problem with that was I wanted the privacy window effect. The player would start to think. " Who is this? A doctor? A friendly MTF? who?" Then the reveal of the driver turning around and all you see is that creepy mask smiling back at you before the screen cuts to black. Also this would allow the player to look around freely in the car vs the suv where to get that kind of effect you would have to force the pov and make the whole thing a cutscene so the player doesn't look at the driver's side too quickly.

Hmm, i hope you know what you are doing kid. We would need a model for all of this, not saying this WON'T come into the game. Just worried that the idea is too much work like 860.

But hey? I am not Joonas, just a guy who lurks for more updates.

And a Janitor.
"You could possibly add something I just shit out."

~ Agent Ulgrin 2014

Getting hit by vehicles ever since -69

MercifulBlackHeart wrote:Got it. I guess I might of been understanding things wrong. I'll be adding these to the wiki ASAP. Forgive me, I'm not vigilant person.
I understand that you are new, and that you don't know how SCPs work, but I can tell you right now that your "SCPs" will be denied right away. The members of the Wiki are very critical, and have seen a lot of different things on the site. It is hard to make a really good SCP that is completely original. The SCPs you have written have features that have been done hundreds of times, in SCP and Creepypasta all-together.

Along with this, only about 2%(maybe even less) of the SCPs on the site have a chance of getting added to the game, so going through the trouble to even try and get your SCPs on the wiki might be pointless in the first place.

If you do still want to try and get one added, or even one on the Wiki, you should do a lot of research on Creepypasta, and also read a LOT of SCPs.

Edit: Another note. The SCPs numbers you assigned are already taken.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:
MercifulBlackHeart wrote:Got it. I guess I might of been understanding things wrong. I'll be adding these to the wiki ASAP. Forgive me, I'm not vigilant person.
I understand that you are new, and that you don't know how SCPs work, but I can tell you right now that your "SCPs" will be denied right away. The members of the Wiki are very critical, and have seen a lot of different things on the site. It is hard to make a really good SCP that is completely original. The SCPs you have written have features that have been done hundreds of times, in SCP and Creepypasta all-together.

Along with this, only about 2%(maybe even less) of the SCPs on the site have a chance of getting added to the game, so going through the trouble to even try and get your SCPs on the wiki might be pointless in the first place.

If you do still want to try and get one added, or even one on the Wiki, you should do a lot of research on Creepypasta, and also read a LOT of SCPs.

Edit: Another note. The SCPs numbers you assigned are already taken.
Holy fuck trex your post just depressed me.

Don't be so harsh on the dude. The thing is to try to improve and that means you're going to get criticized. Being harsh on the dude and telling him no SCPs at all get in the game is going to do nothing good for him.
so going through the trouble to even try and get your SCPs on the wiki might be pointless in the first place.
Especially this line. There's nothing pointless in here. Everything is worth trying. :v

Also Ulgrin a few car models aren't too hard to make, you can get those for free in a few places. The idea is really nice in general and it'd mostly require Regalis's work, instead of being like 860 which is being worked by a few modders.

The only real problem is that we'd need to know better 035's real motivation, we don't even know if he only wants to escape, since he seemed pretty uninvolved in 079's stuff and seemed in a hurry to get out of his containment chamber.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

I apologize if my post seemed too harsh. I didn't mean to say it was pointless to write SCPs. I was more saying that you shouldn't write SCPs with just the intent of getting them in to the game. Of course there is a possibility that your SCP could be added, its only if the SCP will add anything to the gameplay. If you want to write an SCP, you should do it so others can read it. You should also study up on stories on the internet, like fanfictions and creepypastas(the good ones). They should give you a good idea of what people are interested in.

The point is, don't write SCPs just to get them in to the game. Write them for the fun of it, and so others will read and enjoy them.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Probable use for SCP-012's containment room - the radio is currently rather useful to the player in game for numerous reasons. The radio could play a more crucial part of the game if extremely vital information could only be extracted from it, e.g: the Electrical Room could be accessable by a code-lock, and that code would be discovered by listening to radio conversations.

Perhaps to affect the flow of gameplay, SCP-079 could broadcast the sound file of SCP-012 over the radio and block all signals so that useful information can't be extracted, and potentially the player's sanity could drop from listeneing to the awful sound for too long.

The only way to prevent this would be to enter SCP-012's containment room and delete the sound file of the composition from the SCP Foundation's database, so that 079 can no longer use the file to disrupt the radio. This task would be nearly impossible without a memetic blocker because SCP-012 would be pulling your attention away from the monitors. This might be a little far fetched, but it's something to try out.

Sanity Mechanic - the game is already fitted with a sanity meter, but it currently has only one purpose: counting down how long until staring at a SCP-895 corrupted monitor will kill you. This mechanic could used in many more places:
- Staring at SCP-513-1 for prolonged periods of time could drain the player's sanity, so you'd die from being stalked by the ghost for too long.
- Hearing the sound of SCP-012's music file would slowly drain the player's sanity if (as I suggested before) it was broadcasted via radio frequency in an attempt by SCP-079 to hinder your progress with the radio.
- Glaring at SCP-106 while he's chasing you would cause the player's sanity to very slowly drop, correspondant to the way Dr.L went crazy. This sort of makes sense because 106 is ugly and terrifying to look at. Why wouldn't you go insane by looking at something so horrifying that is following you? Plus it's scarier running from something you're not allowed to see for too long.

There needs to be visual and audio effects from low sanity, parts of the HUD and pause menu could begin to look corrupted and messed up until they don't follow the standard rules of the game. The ingame music could slowly become distorted by bending the pitch out of tune, even an overlaying but faint static effect could fade in at critically low sanity. Slight screen-blurring would also be a neat side-effect. There's no need to over-complicate the sanity mechanic like in Amnesia, where almost anything from darkness to viewing scripted events can make you crazy. It could be exclusive to certain SCPs to avoid being too much of an annoyance throughout the game. Finally, sanity can be regained by taking anxiety pills (partially increasing sanity) and SCP-500-1 (completely filling sanity meter).
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?