[Suggestion] Adding Levels

As you may know there are three different containment areas. Light, Medium, and Heavy.
What if we added those as actual levels. Such as Heavy on bottom, Medium in the middle, and Light on top.
That would give us a way to start to increase the diversity of each containment level. Adding more rooms and more items to search so it does not become and endless maze of repeated rooms and hallways.
It would also give the player an idea on whether they are getting close to a gate or not. The higher you go, the less dangerous SCP's there are but more dangerous MTF units and Containment traps are in place.

Thoughts?
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Re: [Suggestion] Adding Levels

Lotims wrote:Thoughts?
That must be in the game. That would be a very good addition.
A elevator that you can acces somewhere in a special room that you click on different levels:
and maybe a fourth level? Like the maintenace tunnel? But it would be good that you can only use it if you have a key card.
But if you must have like clearance 4 for the heavy containment it would be hard to get and there is no reason to go down in the high containment if you can just go up and escape..

Zarpox wrote:
Lotims wrote:Thoughts?
That must be in the game. That would be a very good addition.
A elevator that you can acces somewhere in a special room that you click on different levels:
and maybe a fourth level? Like the maintenace tunnel? But it would be good that you can only use it if you have a key card.
But if you must have like clearance 4 for the heavy containment it would be hard to get and there is no reason to go down in the high containment if you can just go up and escape..
What if then the elevator malfunctioned due to damage from SCP-682. The sound file that is already in game can play, and the elevator can malfunction and head straight down. The player would have to maneuver through the heavy containment to the other side to reach the other elevator.
It would give the player a sense of "Oh... shit"
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

I don't generally like adding the general idea of a common 'level' choice area, but I do think there should be some sort of progression from beginning to end in level like increments. One of the things I and some other people suggested were checkpoint rooms, which completely separated the zones. I think it would be a good idea to have these protected by key cards, so the player requires something to move on. For example, they should have to have a level 3 key card to enter the heavy containment zone, and a level 3 to leave and enter the office zone.

I do think there should be more rooms and zones though.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:One of the things I and some other people suggested were checkpoint rooms, which completely separated the zones. I think it would be a good idea to have these protected by key cards, so the player requires something to move on. For example, they should have to have a level 3 key card to enter the heavy containment zone, and a level 3 to leave and enter the office zone.
That would work too. It would have to be something pretty diverse so you know you are at a checkpoint room. Maybe like a decontamination chamber?To enter the heavier zones maybe?

At the beginning of the game you see an observation deck above the level the player is in, I'd imagine this deck being connected to offices and labs. So my idea of the facility leveling would be:
1.Surface
2. Lot of elevator
3. Lobby area, including rooms like a break room and cafeteria
4. Research level (labs, offices, toilets, obseveration rooms, maybe a medical wing)
5. Low level threat containment (D-class cells, SCP-173, vaults where stuff like 714 is)
6. High threat containment (scps which are capable of regularly breaking containment, e.g. 106, 682)
7. Maintenance tunnels
8. Omega warhead.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Glitch wrote:At the beginning of the game you see an observation deck above the level the player is in, I'd imagine this deck being connected to offices and labs. So my idea of the facility leveling would be:
1.Surface
2. Lot of elevator
4. Research level (labs, offices, toilets, obseveration rooms, maybe a medical wing)
5. Low level threat containment (D-class cells, SCP-173, vaults where stuff like 714 is)
6. High threat containment (scps which are capable of regularly breaking containment, e.g. 106, 682)
7. Maintenance tunnels
8. Omega warhead.
I like this so far. (i love elevators especially in horror games ;D)
I think an elevator like this could give the facillity an even more sorted out map and stuff.

Glitch wrote:At the beginning of the game you see an observation deck above the level the player is in, I'd imagine this deck being connected to offices and labs. So my idea of the facility leveling would be:
1.Surface
2. Lot of elevator
7. Maintenance tunnels
8. Omega warhead.
I also really like this idea. What if more or less towards the middle level, something occurs where the player finds out they have two options. If they go up, they will go to the surface and escape. If they go down, they can find what went wrong with this place and fix it, but down there are all the horrible horrible SCP's on the loose. Some would be encountered by the player just on the way up, such as 173 and 106, and maybe 096. The farther down you go though.... maybe more SCP's you will not find up there can be found down there.

Lotims wrote:
1.Surface
2. Lot of elevator
7. Maintenance tunnels
8. Omega warhead.
I also really like this idea. What if more or less towards the middle level, something occurs where the player finds out they have two options. If they go up, they will go to the surface and escape. If they go down, they can find what went wrong with this place and fix it, but down there are all the horrible horrible SCP's on the loose. Some would be encountered by the player just on the way up, such as 173 and 106, and maybe 096. The farther down you go though.... maybe more SCP's you will not find up there can be found down there.
The approach should be:

end 1.Surface

(7) 2. Lot of elevator -- Thanks Glitch xD

(6) 3. Lobby area, including rooms like a break room and cafeteria

(1) 4. Research level (labs, offices, toilets, obseveration rooms, maybe a medical wing)

start 5. Low level threat containment (D-class cells, SCP-173, vaults where stuff like 714 is)
(2)
(3) 6. High threat containment (scps which are capable of regularly breaking containment, e.g. 106, 682)

(4) 7. Maintenance tunnels

(5) 8. Omega warhead.

MAIN COURSE:

start) Intro and stuff. You have to find some stairs to go up to the Research Level. The gate to the HTContainment is closed with a Level 4/5 card. The elevators don't work or some stuff like this.

1)You go upstairs, find the offices and the keycard. There should be added more stuff here, more things to do (please, give ideas xD). There isn't any gate to go upstairs, only elevators (and they doesn't work)

2)Go downstairs to LTContainment and find 914. You get the L4/5/Omni card. You open the HTContainment gate

3)You have to find the elevator to the Maintenance tunnels (well, yeah, this is the only elevator that works. Any idea of how to make it reallistic? xD)

4)You fix the elevators while 106 tries to fck you. Then you take the elevator to HTContaiment.

5) Optional. There's an elevator on HTContainment that takes you to the Omega Warhead to deactivate it.

6)You take an elevator to the cafeteria (The highest you can go. For security and stuff... xD)

7)You have to find the elevator to gate A or B or C or Whatever. There should be WhiteAce's spotlight trap. Maybe here or at the surface

end) Surface.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot 079...
Last edited by garbo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!