[Suggestion] More traps

This post has gotten quite large, so I added some spoilers to make it easier for people to scroll down.

Crusher trap:
Spoiler
I rarely see this in games now-a-days but would it be possible to make some sort of garbage chute trap in game with crushers coming at the player from the sides as he gets locked into the room?

I think this would work better in the pocket dimension, it would also be wise to make the crushers move very fast instead of slow, giving the player a bit of a jump and to troll keter players who try to save and quickly exit, it would also be a nice effect to add some sort of bone crunching/snapping sound as the crusher crushes the player, Glitch also suggested that 914Death.ogg would work great as well.

Well anyway here are the schematics that are kind of poorly drawn on my part, anyway:
I might change it or something later, this is just to get the basic idea of it.
895 monitor trap:
Spoiler
Glitch wrote:Maybe some cognito-hazard type traps? There was a suggestion a while back where SCP-079 would play footage of 895 on random monitors around the facility.
Perhaps there could be a room or instance where 079 has leaked footage of 895 to a monitor that is in a room right ahead of the player after going through a hallway or pipe room.

Read it from bottom to top:
Watch tower/spotlight trap:
Spoiler
So I was looking into a trap that would require the player to be stealthy in a high-risk situation, this is what I came up with, a sort of watch tower with an MTF overlooking a courtyard:
Also the empty area could be some sort of walled off/fenced off area.
Last edited by WhiteAce on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

Re: [Suggestion] Garbage shute trap

This is great! I love this idea. It would make sense to have these traps implemented in case of a Containment Breach. It is perfectly Canon with what the SCP Foundation might do and would give more diversity to the map. Instead of just SCP's being able to kill you or MTF, you can fall into traps.

I am all for this!!!

It also gives the player a loss of control. They would be more careful when approaching certain corridors.

To add on to that, what if there were more traps throughout the facility. It would make sense that the Foundation would have a set of several death traps all around the facility, whether that be lasers on the door frame, a drop trap, turrets. They would most definitely have some installed to active in case a containment breach occurred. You know, maybe you could even lure SCP's in to these traps. Like the Tesla Gate for example. You could lure 173 into the drop trap or lasers on the door. It would cause more difficulty in maneuvering the facility, giving a feeling of accomplishment when reaching the end. Such as laser traps are blocking a doorway, so the player must follow the wires on the wall until they find the compact wirebox to disarm the laser trap. That would be awesome!
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Yes, I agree with Lotims. It would be a great thing if the facility itself would try to kill the player as well. They would have to be more careful, and unlike the SCPs and the MTF, the player would have to maneuver around the traps rather than hide or run from them. Also, maybe some areas should be guarded by turrets. Rooms like an armory could have a couple of turrets placed, in a way that the player can somehow get past them. If they risk it and enter the armory, they can be rewarded with a kevlar vest or something similar. Things like this would be a good risk vs reward which would make the player plan his next move. The garbage chute would be a good start.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:Yes, I agree with Lotims. It would be a great thing if the facility itself would try to kill the player as well. They would have to be more careful, and unlike the SCPs and the MTF, the player would have to maneuver around the traps rather than hide or run from them. Also, maybe some areas should be guarded by turrets. Rooms like an armory could have a couple of turrets placed, in a way that the player can somehow get past them. If they risk it and enter the armory, they can be rewarded with a kevlar vest or something similar. Things like this would be a good risk vs reward which would make the player plan his next move. The garbage chute would be a good start.
Make me think of Half Life where the defense system of the facility is initiated and the turrets on the ceiling shoot anything that moves. Could be an interesting room, like a somewhat more difficult version of the Tesla Gate rooms, that could be in the Heavy Containment area. There should be some sort of warning beforehand though, like an pre-recorded announcement that plays when you enter the room along the lines of "Turret defense systems activated, in, expansion, 10, Heavy Containment Zone."
It slep time bunner.

Re: [Suggestion] More traps

WhiteAce wrote: Watch tower/spotlight trap:
Spoiler
So I was looking into a trap that would require the player to be stealthy in a high-risk situation, this is what I came up with, a sort of watch tower with an MTF overlooking a courtyard:
This idea could be fused with the Day/Night time idea at the Gates, from this idea from Mirocaine in this topic : http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2972
And the spotlight could be used only at the Night Time.

Mirocaine wrote:Sounds good for pocket dimension personally.
I like it for both. I can definitely see a part in the pocket dimension where you fall down and two walls begins to close in on you. What if there was a door FAR in the distance which you had to walk to while the walls were closing in. This would scare the crap out of the player as they are forced to walk slow due to them being in the pocket dimension. With walls closing in on them and barely reaching the door, it could give a feeling of not wanting to get crushed.
Glitch wrote:Maybe some cognito-hazard type traps? There was a suggestion a while back where SCP-079 would play footage of 895 on random monitors around the facility.
That would be cool. I was thinking a new room could go along with this. Such as a security room or something. One thing about it is that it would be random like all the other rooms, and randomly would there be the 895 occurrence. Such as sometimes when you walk into that room it may or may not do the monitor images. The room could contain 8-10 security monitors in rows up and down. That way if 895 images show up on all of them, it would look really freakin creepy.
MetroDelta wrote:
WhiteAce wrote: Watch tower/spotlight trap:
Spoiler
This idea could be fused with the Day/Night time idea at the Gates, from this idea from Mirocaine in this topic : http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2972
And the spotlight could be used only at the Night Time.

That would be cool to have on the surface. I like that idea. Depending on the amount of hours it takes the player to reach the surface, if more then there would be more MTF forces, if less, then there would be less. If there were more then the MTF would have more time to prepare, there could be armored cars, more helicopters, spotlights set up. I love the idea of a night cycle as well. It makes it all the more real as well :)
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com