Item Idea: Tape Recorder

Well, you hear all those logs and shit, but where do they go??? Well, in my idea, they are scattered around the facility with various names on them. But you need a Tape Recorder to play them. Once you achieved one, you can drag a tape into the tape recorder and it will play that tape with a GUI of the Recorder on the screen. After, you can either exit out.. Or you can record your own message. This feature would have no reason but for just shits N giggles, yet the pre-recorded tapes COULD give off better info on SCP's, instead of having to read a shitton of text for it.

Re: Item Idea: Tape Recorder

Léonard wrote:
mrslig100 wrote:That is a very good question, why has no-one replied to this thread?
From what i've seen this community seems to NEVER reply to good suggestions.
Well, this idea has been brought up countless times before, not sure if everyone's just tired of the suggestion, or what not.
It slep time bunner.

I don't like the idea mostly because it's just a cheap and stupid way to give out the story. You should have to do investigating to find out what caused the breach. It would make it more creepy than, "079 haxed all teh doors" on an audio tape.
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)

MrGuilkeyFace wrote:I don't like the idea mostly because it's just a cheap and stupid way to give out the story. You should have to do investigating to find out what caused the breach. It would make it more creepy than, "079 haxed all teh doors" on an audio tape.
If used excessively, yes, it'd be tacky. But I thought Dead Space's use of occasional audio/data tapes were quite good for getting minor backstories conveyed.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

I like this idea, maybe include some of the logs the Volgun does, considering how well made they are, it'd be nice to see them put to use more inside of the SCP universe. Also having some back stories of the site and it's personnel would put alot more atmosphere into the game. Maybe you can find them in SCP chambers or barracks. Or require a Audio Player in order for you listen to them.

Although this is coming from someone who really likes the Radio you can find.
"Oh you do? Oh, goody goody! So, why are still standing here listening to voices in your head? Get to it, schweinehund"