Re: 049-2s should be scattered around the facility.

True, I actually think they shouldn't spawn in their own rooms, it would make it a lot more interesting if they could have a very small chance of spawning in any room in the game. They're slow enough to evade and they can only get you at a short range (unlike the MTF), so that would make them some pretty cool free-roaming enemies.

I still think there should be a small medical wing zone in between the heavy containment and office zones, where 049 could patrol.
It slep time bunner.

I still advocate my original idea on this subject.

Essentially SCP-049 is operating in a single room, say a lab or medical ward. Occasionally 049 will leave the room and explore up to 5 rooms away for a body, bringing it back and turning it into an instance of 049-2. SCP-049-2's on the other hand can explore much further away, up to 10-15 rooms away, they will attack the player and drag them back to the lab/medical ward to SCP-049.

This means that if left unattended SCP-049 can create a rather impressive army of 049-2's. MTF units can easily kill of the 049-2's and try and contain SCP-049 however.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

It still upsets me slightly with scp-049-2's addition.. (Zombies are horribly overused nowadays).
They should however spawn in some areas, Steelpoints idea sounds great as well, where I'd like to re-assert my idea of dynamic AI in-game, but the Blitz3D engine is wayyyyy too limited in AI capabilities. 049 + the MTF already have so many path finding problems already.

Perhaps, Mirocaine, but we don't have to focus immediately on the recontainment of SCP-049. As long as we can have all 049-2 incidents scattered about, then it would be good enough as a start. Worry about the engine later, the present suggestion is good enough and quite easy to manipulate.

[quote="Steelpoint]Essentially SCP-049 is operating in a single room, say a lab or medical ward.[/quote]
He wouldn't be in his containment chamber, then? That would mean the original would be desolate except for leaving the two SCP-049-2 incidents.

Mirocaine wrote:It still upsets me slightly with scp-049-2's addition.. (Zombies are horribly overused nowadays).
They should however spawn in some areas, Steelpoints idea sounds great as well, where I'd like to re-assert my idea of dynamic AI in-game, but the Blitz3D engine is wayyyyy too limited in AI capabilities. 049 + the MTF already have so many path finding problems already.
Zombies aren't exactly horribly overused, they've just been exposed to pop culture... The zombies ingame are perfect however, slow moving, dumb.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Expanding on Steelpoint's idea, I think 049's containment area should have no 049. Honestly, how many people pick up 049's document in there? This way the player can feel the horror of reading the document, learning about the Plague Doctor, then wondering where the hell he is after seeing his empty containment room. You could also leave a few 049-2 instances down there too to intensify that horror.

Later, you would run into a on-site medical facility where 049 would be "practicing", and of course he would be surrounded by 049-2 instances. Then the player would realize who he was and what he was doing, and subsequently have a panic attack.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."