Health Hud

hi, i think before the v0.7.2 or other update comes out, i think i feel like adding a health hud showing how much health you have, rather getting shot, getting attacked by SCP-049-2, etc.
here's my sketch for the health hud, not that good, but hey what can you say about it.
of any of you made a good health hud, i want you to show it in-game and what it looks like.
THANKS.
EDIT: special thanks to Cridone for showing off his health hud, the only thing we need to do now is code it so it can be Implemented in-game, i do not have expiernce with coding in blitz unfountuely :/ so it's up to you guys to Implement the health hud.
Last edited by hug0905 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Re: Health Hud (HELP NEEDED)

A health HUD takes away the emersion, and you only have around 5 stages of health and most things kill you instantly, so the bar will not be very dynamic.
For this type of game its really best to keep heads up display to a minimum.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Guns don't kill you instantly. This idea is perfect! Its pretty real to because in-game you can't look at yourself or feel the pain but if it was real you would know how close to death you where, so if you try to run past MTF with 1 bar your like ok, don't run, find med or go to Gate A. I would probably say 10 health bars as I survived 7 MTF bullets once. Really crazy.
Hello, I am [[REDACTED]], [[REDACTED]]. I have been a fan of SCP for [[REDACTED]] [[REDACTED]]. I am also on the SCP:CB Wiki, and thats it so... [[REDACTED]] off much?

Daniel123Shaw123 wrote:Guns don't kill you instantly. This idea is perfect! Its pretty real to because in-game you can't look at yourself or feel the pain but if it was real you would know how close to death you where, so if you try to run past MTF with 1 bar your like ok, don't run, find med or go to Gate A. I would probably say 10 health bars as I survived 7 MTF bullets once. Really crazy.
it'll actually take out at least 3 bars when you get get shot.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

I'm gonna have to agree with Glitch here, HUDs are much more likely to reduce immersion in horror games. I honestly believe that this game could do with no HUD (Other than say the inventory) given that a stamina meter isn't particularly necessary and the blink meter can be replaced by a logarithmic/exponential gaussian blur.
M-x dingus-mode

Glitch wrote:A health HUD takes away the emersion
I agree at all ^

I disagreed about the medic kits because I didn't like the idea of having a health bar
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Ltn Vasquez wrote:Perhaps Amnesia style, put a HUD on your inventory screen. Nothing to fancy, but don't leave to just a bar with a few colored boxes.
It doesn't fit an HUD like this in SCPCB
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!