Flashbangs

There's was no visible thread for this, and it probably deserves its own thread. Also, this isn't classified as a weapon. light and sound cannot kill you, so chill.

The idea is simple. Add an interactive object called a Flashbang in the game so that players would have a way of distracting enemies. It would be notably used against the MTF units and perhaps SCP-106 due to his sensitivity to light (I.E. the Tesla Cannon from Gate A was light). However, I'm not sure about him.

The actual creation would mean, as previously said, an actual interactive object. One you can see yourself doing. Simply pick up, double-click on the inventory, and, like the gas mask, you equip it. Simply paste a picture or a model for a hand and the object there (Excuse me for my lack of knowledge on how these games are made).

However, it'll be sparsely distributed, just like the medical kit. This way, the player doesn't feel too comfortable. It would solve the problems with MTF, based on the fact that crouching won't exactly help you to hide.

This would also create a new reaction for MTF. Instead of just walking and pointing and shooting, they would sort of crouch and look down while covering their eyes. Plus, new audio can be added with the MTF acting surprised and stuff.

Re: Flashbangs

garbo wrote:I don't like at all the idea. It makes the game more like an action game
You do realize there would be only one or two in the entire game, right? You would need multiples in order to make it an action game. Just one or, if God shined a massive luck upon you, two would only be useful for so long. The idea isn't action, in fact it's not even the purpose of it. It's the effects. Even when you're not looking, the actual blast would create a sound wave that would leave you deaf would add a very creepy sort of feeling.

Though, the only way it could be action-like is if the player starts spawning it in multiples, but throwing it would probably lag the game indefinitely.

Ltn Vasquez wrote:
garbo wrote:I don't like at all the idea. It makes the game more like an action game
You do realize there would be only one or two in the entire game, right? You would need multiples in order to make it an action game. Just one or, if God shined a massive luck upon you, two would only be useful for so long. The idea isn't action, in fact it's not even the purpose of it. It's the effects. Even when you're not looking, the actual blast would create a sound wave that would leave you deaf would add a very creepy sort of feeling.

Though, the only way it could be action-like is if the player starts spawning it in multiples, but throwing it would probably lag the game indefinitely.
If there's only one or two, then everyone's primary objective would be to find the grenade, and not to survive and get out of the facility. It will have the same effect as if there was a gun (but only one in the entire game)
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Ltn Vasquez wrote:It's not a grenade, grenade's kill.

Besides, it can only be used against MTF, and it works for 5-7 seconds. Then, well you're screwed.
5-7 seconds of "WHOO! BANG!! LOL!"
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

garbo wrote:

Besides, it can only be used against MTF, and it works for 5-7 seconds. Then, well you're screwed.
Well you get the same reactions with 5-7 seconds of 420-J :laugh:

Anyways, I agree with both of you. The primary objective is to survive while feeling completely hopeless, and any kind of weapon will take away from that. However, SCP 539 would be a very interesting item to have, as it would create a distraction that could both surprise the MTFs as well as the player himself. This would not be as much a weapon as a useful yet chaotic anomaly.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:
garbo wrote:

Well you get the same reactions with 5-7 seconds of 420-J :laugh:

Anyways, I agree with both of you. The primary objective is to survive while feeling completely hopeless, and any kind of weapon will take away from that. However, SCP 539 would be a very interesting item to have, as it would create a distraction that could both surprise the MTFs as well as the player himself. This would not be as much a weapon as a useful yet chaotic anomaly.
Oh, wow. I read the article on this SCP, and it seems to work much better than a flashbang. Though, it probably wouldn't work on any SCP, and this would permanently put it as spawned ONCE. However, there should still be a 5-7 second limit to how long MTF are distracted, then even longer so they can successfully recover ONE SCP in the entire facility.

Good job, MTF.

WHat do you think, garbo? I agree, and if you do, we can change the subject to SCP-539, perhaps?