The Secondary Objective

Not to be rude, but I find it very disturbing that the game lacks any actual objective. It's mostly survive, escape the SCP's. The only actual second objectives are the mission given by SCP-079 and the recontaining of SCP-106. It's very narrow and should probably be expanded slightly.

The mission for SCP-079 was a fantastic obstacle, but it is only one secondary objective in the game.

Perhaps we can add new objectives. One example that is very rough is the helping of an injured guard. Say you enter, I believe it's called room2doors (contains 2 doors and a hallway to the right with a button to enter the next two doors). Except, the door is locked and a T.V. is showing a scene where one of the guards (or MTF) gets hurt. You would have to carry them to the next few rooms which would all be one-way to a certain room to put him down.

This, however, brings back a previous idea of an armory room where the guards take their weapons. That's why this idea is so rough. Any other Secondary Objective ideas would be great, maybe someone can synthesize one of these ideas.

Re: The Secondary Objective

Yes. Secondary objectives, I have been stressing that forever now. I don't really like the guard idea (mostly the carrying stuff), but I did previously offer an idea involving 035 where an injured guard (who is actually possessed) tries to communicate with you. That way you have the best of both worlds - secondary objective, and a new intelligent Keter class SCP in the game.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

Hey, this is the site to spit out ideas and milk them for all they're worth, right? :) Anyways, this was my idea I posted a while back:
I was thinking that for the alternate ending with 035, you discover that an MTF is attempting to communicate with you through a radio channel, and explains how he is critically injured and has lost all contact with fellow MTF units. He asks for your assistance to help him escape, and in return he promises to help you escape as well. Afterwards, the MTF gives the player a series of hints that will help the player to locate him. All the while, the MTF talking to the player is a badly decaying body in 035's containment chamber, possessed by a freedom-seeking 035.

After the player finally encounters the possessed MTF (in/around 035's containment chamber), other MTF units enter and are about to kill the player when 035 convinces the possessed MTF to shoot down the units. The locked door ahead then opens, leading to a pathway that ultimately leads to a "Gate C" from which the player can escape the facility. However, 035 tries to telepathically lure D-9341 back, as to make him the new host for the mask. At this point, two different things can happen:

1. The player resists 035's pull and escapes through the facility, yet is greeted by a team of SCP doctors who carry him away for psychiatric evaluation.
-or
2. The player doesn't resist 035's pull, and ultimately puts the mask on to become a decaying and mindless host who is ultimately terminated by a special MTF unit.

This way, 035 could be that helpful/dangerous major SCP addition - helpful in that he leads you to a Gate C and kills the MTFs that try to exterminate you, but dangerous in that he tries to back stab you and make you his zombified host.
Sorry about its length! Anyways, feel free to go into more detail on your ideas for secondary objectives, because I love the idea of sec. objectives overall.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:Hey, this is the site to spit out ideas and milk them for all they're worth, right? :) Anyways, this was my idea I posted a while back:
I was thinking that for the alternate ending with 035, you discover that an MTF is attempting to communicate with you through a radio channel, and explains how he is critically injured and has lost all contact with fellow MTF units. He asks for your assistance to help him escape, and in return he promises to help you escape as well. Afterwards, the MTF gives the player a series of hints that will help the player to locate him. All the while, the MTF talking to the player is a badly decaying body in 035's containment chamber, possessed by a freedom-seeking 035.

After the player finally encounters the possessed MTF (in/around 035's containment chamber), other MTF units enter and are about to kill the player when 035 convinces the possessed MTF to shoot down the units. The locked door ahead then opens, leading to a pathway that ultimately leads to a "Gate C" from which the player can escape the facility. However, 035 tries to telepathically lure D-9341 back, as to make him the new host for the mask. At this point, two different things can happen:

1. The player resists 035's pull and escapes through the facility, yet is greeted by a team of SCP doctors who carry him away for psychiatric evaluation.
-or
2. The player doesn't resist 035's pull, and ultimately puts the mask on to become a decaying and mindless host who is ultimately terminated by a special MTF unit.

This way, 035 could be that helpful/dangerous major SCP addition - helpful in that he leads you to a Gate C and kills the MTFs that try to exterminate you, but dangerous in that he tries to back stab you and make you his zombified host.
Sorry about its length! Anyways, feel free to go into more detail on your ideas for secondary objectives, because I love the idea of sec. objectives overall.
Holy crap, I read that whole thing, and since it is old, it needs adjustments, but it is good. Fantastic, in fact.

With the addition of SCP-714, this could determine whether you are willed to the mask or not. Also, I think that if you do escape, it should be a 'good' ending for once. Where you actually escape the facility and just walk out from the entrance with a nuke being exploded behind you.

Wouldn't that be something?

Gate C would have to be the actual entrance, as for the shooter scene, you won't here the SCP talk to the MTF. Rather, you just hide behind him when he suddenly fires on the other MTF while he gets devastated. then you hear the SCP's voice.