Re: SCP-173 Concept Art

Uhh... I think I would like to stick with the original design. Plus, if I ever see the new design in the actual game, I'll definitely be scared to death.

CostaRic wrote: Where did he said that? Remember that the wikia can be edited by anybody most of which haven't even been touched by Geogmz(Regalis) himself but rather the fans. He is basically the only coder of the game at the moment I think.

And I wanna point Steelpoint in this, he gave me a heads up saying: "Honestly it does seem like a more realistic depiction of SCP-173 since the current design does seem unrealistic." In case you haven't noticed.
Regalis wrote: Why don't we make our own SCP? - Go ahead and try, however this game is focusing on already established SCP's and we are trying to stick as close to SCP canon as we can.
Just about every time someone want to break canon, he brings it up. If he was to break canon for gameplay, he might as well have not made the game based on SCP and made it something else entirely. But he doesn't want to. As cool as the design is, its not going to go in for 173.

As for Steelpoint, I don't know what he was saying. The current design needs tweaking (ugh that giant ugly head), but converting it into not 173 isn't the answer
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

Regalis wrote:Why don't we make our own SCP? - Go ahead and try, however this game is focusing on already established SCP's and we are trying to stick as close to SCP canon as we can.
[/quote]

And what am I trying to do? Add more depth to an already established SCP. There is nothing in the FAQs that contradicts what I am trying to do. I was actually thinking to make a new "CONCEPT ART" depicting SCP-173 as a more "statuish" character, since I couldn't tell from the in game art my first time. But since you guys treat me like if I was some sort of asshole for trying something new, then be happy with your balloon alien "statue" in the game, am not gonna sacrifice myself for people who don't appreciate my work.

And not to be an asshole or anything but even "Regalis" is Getting tired of all this, or at least that is how it seems like what he says in hes profile, and I quote.
Can the idiot who is pouring SCP-447 in Director Geogzm's office stop now! Seriously who the [Expletive Redacted] - Operative Steelpoint

Alas, this wiki is near-abandoned.
If you dont believe me here is the link: http://scpcontainmentbreach.wikia.com/wiki/User:Geogzm
Inspiration is our best weapon.

Looks like a vicious cross of the Penumbra alien and 173.

173 is basically just a concrete statue with a sort of creature-ish spray paint on it's face and body. However I enjoy the SCP Foundation-canon 173 more as besides the fact I could never even imagine myself such a strange statue, it is a break-away from the cliche claws + teeth sort of thing.

Puschel wrote:
CostaRic wrote:
Regalis wrote:Why don't we make our own SCP? - Go ahead and try, however this game is focusing on already established SCP's and we are trying to stick as close to SCP canon as we can.
And what am I trying to do? Add more depth to an already established SCP. There is nothing in the FAQs that contradicts what I am trying to do. I was actually thinking to make a new "CONCEPT ART" depicting SCP-173 as a more "statuish" character. But since you guys treat me like if I was some sort of asshole for trying something new, then be happy with your balloon alien "statue" in the game, am not gonna sacrifice myself for people who don't appreciate my work.
I'm not treating you like that, we were simply pointing out that there will most likely no major changes to the looks of 173 since the official SCP-Wiki says nothing about it being able to change form, so it will always look like this statue. And I never said that that I liked the original looks of 173, but it's canon. That doesn't mean that your art is bad, in fact I really like it, but Regalis will most likely not approve of this ^^
I know, that is why is called concept art, gonna get working on the new one as soon as everyone gets this clear, I DO THIS FOR MY OWN ENJOYMENT. :x

Sorry if I was harsh but I have been getting treated like trash lately and all I want is to help, it really gets on my nerves, I barely even sleeped to do this concept art. -.-zzZ

Mirocaine wrote:Looks like a vicious cross of the Penumbra alien and 173.

173 is basically just a concrete statue with a sort of creature-ish spray paint on it's face and body. However I enjoy the SCP Foundation-canon 173 more as besides the fact I could never even imagine myself such a strange statue, it is a break-away from the cliche claws + teeth sort of thing.
Thanks, I was actually looking for that Penumbra kind of feeling onto the character, though I didn't had in mind that he was indeed a statue, I though hes looks had something to do with the game being in alpha and all that fuzz. Then I read the wikia more thoroughly and noticed I was wrong.

As i said before I am gonna remake this to look more like an statue, ans still feel yo could actually touch it in the real world(because seriously, how does THAT stands perfectly still and in balance when it haves no base where to stand on aside from the floor?.

(because seriously, how does THAT stands perfectly still and in balance when it haves no base where to stand on aside from the floor?.
MAGIC.

seriously though, good art, just that it is unable to be used. seriously though, it's creepy. While the current 173 actually looks.... semi cute. Seriously it looks like it wants a hug.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:
(because seriously, how does THAT stands perfectly still and in balance when it haves no base where to stand on aside from the floor?.
MAGIC.

seriously though, good art, just that it is unable to be used. seriously though, it's creepy. While the current 173 actually looks.... semi cute. Seriously it looks like it wants a hug.
And that is just concept art, am gonna get to work on the new version in a sec XD

Honestly there is no point in making new concept art since the current design is staying, with minor tweeks here and there. The current design is completely canon except for a few minor differences.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:Honestly there is no point in making new concept art since the current design is staying, with minor tweeks here and there. The current design is completely canon except for a few minor differences.
Is still concept art, it doesn't necessarily have to make it through the game, or as some might say "fan art". I don't know if you have paid attention to the whole post, but I already said I was gonna rework this into something realistic that sticks to the canon storyline.