Room Suggestions Thread v2

considering the old thread died out, i copied this from the old thread.

Layout your suggestion something like this:

Room:
Zone:
Generate more than once:
Items inside:
SCP Spawn Point:
Explain: (Details)
Drawing if possible:

[NOTE TO MODS: I'll allow any bumps made on this thread.]
Last edited by hug0905 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Re: Room Suggestions Thread v2

Room: Staff break room
Generate more than once: No.
Items inside: Documents, Keycards.
SCP Spawn Point: 173, (If they add a break room, this could be a good place for 294)
Explain: (Details) It would be where the MTF's have there breaks, it would be in ruins because of the breach of course.
Drawing if possible: (I can descrive it) It would be a large rectangular room, with numerous tables chairs and objects, maybe a large TV and set of computers.

Room: Generator room
Items inside: None.
SCP Spawn Point: 106, 173.
Explain: (Details) It could work in unison with the electric room, you could have to somehow repair the generator and get it back and working, then you could operate the switchs in the electric room.
Drawing if possible: I large room, similar in design to the maintenance tunnels except wider, the generator would be on the other side of the room, there will be a very high chance of 106 spawning here.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

Room: Generator room
Items inside: None.
SCP Spawn Point: 106, 173.
Explain: (Details) It could work in unison with the electric room, you could have to somehow repair the generator and get it back and working, then you could operate the switchs in the electric room.
Drawing if possible: I large room, similar in design to the maintenance tunnels except wider, the generator would be on the other side of the room, there will be a very high chance of 106 spawning here.
I dont agree with SCP-106 spawnpoint,SCP-106 have to spawn rarely...But i agree with SCP-173.
I am the cure

Room: Infirmary
Generate more than once: No
Items inside: Health kit, eye drops
SCP Spawn Point: Maybe a chance of SCP-049 showing up
Explain: People get hurt at the site, it would make sense if there was some sort of medical station. Plus creepy, blood stained hospitals are usually a staple of horror games.
Drawing if possible: A handful of makeshift beds, surgical tools lying around, cabinets

Room: Research Lab
Generate more than once: Maybe
Items inside: Access cards, batteries
SCP Spawn Point: A great place to introduce more harmless SCPs
Explain: A large part of the site is dedicated to trying to understand SCPs. Also can be creepy as hell.
Drawing if possible: Microscopes, readable documents about experiments / SCPs, storage tanks, cages, xray machines, dissection table, etc.

Room: Armory (does not need to involve the item that shall not be named, they can be locked away, already taken, damaged by SCP, etc.)
Generate more than once: No
Items inside: Body Armor, improved gas mask, batteries
SCP Spawn Point: None
Explain: You have armed guards everywhere so logically there needs to be a room on site where they keep their gear. Maybe you can get the key to it off of the suicide soldier in the bathroom. After the inital outbreak a lot of people probably made a break to the armory to try to fight off the SCPs making it a good place to have dead bodies in / around this room.
Drawing if possible: A couple of locked / empty [REDACTED] cabinets, dead guards errywhere

Room: D class cells
Generate more than once: Maybe
Items inside: Copies of the same document you get at the start but with different designation numbers in each cell, 420J in corner of one cell
SCP Spawn Point: 173 or 106 would love it here
Explain: You see them in the beginning of the game, then they disappear forever for some reason. I think it would be cool to be reminded that there were other people in the same position as you. Now their cells are open and they're all gone or dead. Might help players feel more vulnerable, isolated, creeped out, etc.
Drawing if possible: Same as the beginning of the game but with cells open / bloodied.

I just think that, in its current state, the site doesn't feel like a real paramilitary research base. It's the world's most messed up office building that happens to have a few SCP chambers spread around and connected by a maze of poorly lit hallways. A few specialized rooms like these might help players get immersed.

Before we start considering new rooms for the game, and I do agree with most peoples ideas of new rooms, I do believe the layout of many rooms needs to be tweaked so there's less linear and uninteresting hallways and more complex structure to the game. For a start, the game could do with a lot less corridors and more open rooms with various props like vending machines, water dispensers and radiators to clutter the place up a bit. I'll post some cool designs below to give an idea of what I'm talking about.
http://600v.deviantart.com/art/SCP-Blue-Hall-326009556
http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/File:C1 ... 11_002.jpg
http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/ ... 11_004.jpg
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j ... 1606361087
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Prune wrote:Before we start considering new rooms for the game, and I do agree with most peoples ideas of new rooms, I do believe the layout of many rooms needs to be tweaked so there's less linear and uninteresting hallways and more complex structure to the game. For a start, the game could do with a lot less corridors and more open rooms with various props like vending machines, water dispensers and radiators to clutter the place up a bit. I'll post some cool designs below to give an idea of what I'm talking about.
*links*
Well I can help with those things. I will be busy for a couple of days, but I already made a vending machine as a part of the cafeteria I was working on. I'll post a few screenshots to give you an idea (bear in mind the textures will need to be modified so that they do not reference any actual products like they do now):