Guards

As you know, There are a few Guards in the Game.

Suicidal Guard. Kills himself in the Bathroom.

Introduction Guards. Lead you to SCP-173. Kill you If you mess around.

Escaping Guard. Seen in First Room and killed by SCP-173 when lights go out.

096 Guard. Killed by SCP-096 in a Scripted Event.

And many other Guard Corpses here and there such as in SCP-895's Room at the Bottom of the Stairs.

Maybe we could add more Guards with Ideas?

Such as this.

Insane Guard - Similar to the Suicidal Guard but beserk from Fear. Shoots everything that moves and yells stuff like " You're not gonna get me, freak! " or " It.. It killed them all.. I.. I saw it! ". It would fire at you [ Aiming badly, Of course. Can only really kill you If you approach him. Still can hurt If you get hit from far. ] Most likely has a Pistol rather than a Rifle. So he will fire at a slightly slower rate. Unless you like the idea of a Guard shooting bullets everywhere lol :P.

He can be found in a Room where you could possibly dodge around him as He could be huddled in a Corner. Maybe in a Office Cubicle or Toilet. The Player could hear him talking to himself and making paranoid comments. Rather than just crying like the Suicide Guard. Feel free to come up with more quotes, I guess.

Falling Guard - If there ever comes a Room with Stairs leading up.. As the Player ascends, A Guard's body can come falling down from the gap between the Staircases. Kind of makes me wonder If the Guard in SCP-895's Room fell. The Falling Guard will be found at the bottom of the Stairs If the Player goes back down to check. Maybe he could scream or already be dead.

682 Guard - If SCP-682 ever makes it into the Game, This Guard could be standing at the end of a Hallway in front of a Blast Door. Upon seeing the Player, He will yell " Freeze! ". A second later, The Blast Door rips open slightly and 682's Jaws appear and grab the Guard, Pulling him into the darkness and leaving a trail of blood. Kind of based on another Idea I had where when the Player approached a Blast Door, 682 would burst through only slightly and attempt to grab the Player before turning away in the Darkness to deal with some MTFs shooting it from behind. The latter being more of a Scripted Event than anything.

Happy Guard - Dead. Surrounded by SCP-420-J. He died nicely?

Anymore Ideas?
Last edited by FireFox on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

Re: Guards

FireFox wrote:
scpharrisee wrote:I like the 682 guard idea, almost reminds me of Jurassic Park
Thanks! And Interesting, lol.
You know, when the raptors are about to attack and good ol' rexie comes out of nowhere? LOL
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

The site guards must not get paid very much for what it's worth. They're almost the Foundation equivalent of the redshirts from Star Trek.

On that note, I think that the guards should be given varying textures, because they all look and sound identical. At least give them different textures, and have different voice actors. Or maybe some of these roles can be played by other site personnel, like a scientist, or a janitor. I love all these ideas though, especially the insane guard.
It slep time bunner.

I approve of all these Guard ideas.

Just a quick Guard suggestions:

How about a PD Guard? When Class-D is cought by SCP-106, he is inside PD. When the player wanders around and goes to the victim chamber, he hears a guard talking to himself. When D enters it, the Guard starts saying: "Hello? Is somebody there?" "Hello?" "Somebody, please help me!" "Don't leave me... don't leave me, please... [STATIC]." When the guard stops at [STATIC] he gets passed out.

Oh and about SCP-049 Chamber Guard. Well... when the Class-D goes to SCP-049 tunnels, he sees a guard and begins talking. "Hello?" "Is anybody out there?" "Don't you come near me or I will terminate you." So, when he says this, the zombie on tunnel ground wakes up, then starts to bite off the Guard. And dies.

And I feel confused about the Guard and the Doctor talking about directions where to escape. Why not do this? When Class-D opens door, the guard says to him "D-9341 get you're hands in the air or you will be terminated" then lights go off and SCP-173 snaps them both.

Just throwing some more guard ideas, so I don't meh this. Thoughts?

Omniary wrote:The site guards must not get paid very much for what it's worth. They're almost the Foundation equivalent of the redshirts from Star Trek.

On that note, I think that the guards should be given varying textures, because they all look and sound identical. At least give them different textures, and have different voice actors. Or maybe some of these roles can be played by other site personnel, like a scientist, or a janitor. I love all these ideas though, especially the insane guard.
True, Ha ha. Could there possibly be a way to distinguish Ranks too? And Scientist and Janitors seem good too! They would appear much more helpless. Unless they try to beat you with a Mop.

SCP 513 wrote:I approve of all these Guard ideas.

Just a quick Guard suggestions:

How about a PD Guard? When Class-D is cought by SCP-106, he is inside PD. When the player wanders around and goes to the victim chamber, he hears a guard talking to himself. When D enters it, the Guard starts saying: "Hello? Is somebody there?" "Hello?" "Somebody, please help me!" "Don't leave me... don't leave me, please... [STATIC]." When the guard stops at [STATIC] he gets passed out.

Oh and about SCP-049 Chamber Guard. Well... when the Class-D goes to SCP-049 tunnels, he sees a guard and begins talking. "Hello?" "Is anybody out there?" "Don't you come near me or I will terminate you." So, when he says this, the zombie on tunnel ground wakes up, then starts to bite off the Guard. And dies.

And I feel confused about the Guard and the Doctor talking about directions where to escape. Why not do this? When Class-D opens door, the guard says to him "D-9341 get you're hands in the air or you will be terminated" then lights go off and SCP-173 snaps them both.

Just throwing some more guard ideas, so I don't meh this. Thoughts?
Nice Ideas. :) I do agree that there could be some reaction to the Player If they open the Door to look at the escaping Guard and Scientist.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter

There has to be other genders in SCP-CB. Please find a way to make female scientists. I am okay with there not being female guards but the scientists is a must. Hopefully someone can design a female model. That alone will put variety in the game.

Stormy wrote:There has to be other genders in SCP-CB. Please find a way to make female scientists. I am okay with there not being female guards but the scientists is a must. Hopefully someone can design a female model. That alone will put variety in the game.
True. We need more diverse looking NPCs. Not that we should have a Scientist with Punk Hair or anything lol.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter