Lockroom suggestion

This is a suggestion regarding the lockroom. Now, to the point:

See the door that is opposite of the view here?
There never really has been a way of entering it and even so there's nothing in there, but that's what I want Regalis to change. We'll nickname the portion of the room that I'm talking about the "control room", while we name the entire room "lockroom", as in the game files.

Here's what the "control room" looks like if you look into it:
As I said, nothing. However, I got an idea for what could be in there; a control room for the lockroom, with levers, like the electrical center and the nuclear warhead control room. So far, I've got two lever ideas; a lever controlling the security cameras, and a lever controlling the time switch that closes the doors in the lockroom automatically (I'm not sure if the remote door control already manages this). Getting in there without a keycard would break the point of the lockroom, so, if this was to be added, then a keycard slot should be suitable for getting into the control room. Another fact is that the little D-9341 could easily get past SCP-173 by using the control room, because as you may/may not see in the picture, it leads to the other hallway in the room.

What do you all think of this?

Re: Lockroom suggestion

Interesting idea, I think it should be given a randomly generated key code that could be found in the electrical room, so people don't use it to their advantage for every playthrough, possibly along with the maintenance tunnel chamberlock doors.
It slep time bunner.

Destructoid wrote:Cool idea... SFK... by the way, is there even a code for the Maintenance tunnel doors?
If there is, theres no indication of it in the game. No documents or audio files give any hints, and noones found a way to get it otherwise. And theres 1001 different combinations to open the door, good luck trying them all.
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

I'm happy to recieve positive feedback for this idea, however, I now think that it isn't necessary. After all, it's only one room, and I think this idea would break the point of the lockroom, by having the ability to skip the danger of the room. There is generally no point in affecting the security camera and time switch other than amusement, and looking for a code just to skip the danger of one room isn't very logical, so I find this suggestion useless. If anyone would like to continue this further though, go on. There might be some advantages I don't know, and there might be more than just the two lever ideas I had. Perhaps the empty room that we are talking about could infact be the control room for something else in the site as well...

I actually really like the "find a code to get through this one part easier" idea! The idea's already implemented with the code to Maynard's office, and the keypads for the maintenance tunnels are already in place as well. There's also the one door in the huge gas chamber with 682's document that could use it as well.
SFK363 wrote:looking for a code just to skip the danger of one room isn't very logical
Actually, these lockrooms have a high chance of showing up a lot depending on your map seed! So if you have the means to go through it, it can potentially save you a bit of time, especially arduous backtracking.

If we're going with the code idea though, then it'll have to be in a difficult to obtain area. Like a late game sort of thing hmm... something with 079 maybe? Other than re-turning on the auto-door control, you can also do something that gives it more control over the facility. In return, it'll give you the ((randomly generated each game)) codes for the doors, but now the facility's somehow more dangerous to explore and go through ((more gas leakage everywhere, more potential SCP spawn points, doors become more dickish in closing on you, etc))