Music

Hey, I do music for my films. So I basically do film scores. Well this got me into music, and started making music for games as well.
Here is some ambience and suspenseful music I have created for a game I am currently co-developing.

The three tracks for the game are Frozen, Abandonment, and Bodies.

Abandonment (Ambience track):
https://soundcloud.com/the-lighting-col ... bandonment

Frozen(Piano/Orchestral piece):
https://soundcloud.com/the-lighting-collective/frozen

Bodies (suspenseful track):
https://soundcloud.com/the-lighting-collective/bodies

The rest of the tracks on my soundcloud are also suspenseful tracks.
For film scores, this is a track I did for a Sci-Fi type of short film

Stratosphere(Sci Fi track):
https://soundcloud.com/the-lighting-col ... soundtrack

All the music is mine.
Thoughts? Opinions? Comments?
Please discuss below :)
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Re: Music

Why thank you :)
And I was wondering where to put it. I thought since people might want me to create music for their game since I am doing so for about 4 other SCP games. I mainly did this as a "Here is my work in case you want me to make something" type of thread.
I will move it if people don't see it fit to be in the Collab Thread :)
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

The music topic we already have is 9 pages long and still very active so there is no need for this topic to exist unless it has nothing to do with SCP:CB and has more to do with music in general in which case it belongs in the off topic.

As for you just wanting a thread to show off your music for other SCP games, the last thing we need is me and Firefox and everyone else who makes music to have their own personal thread. The Collaboration section would quickly fill up with these things as a lot of people make music and everyone who makes music wants other people to listen to their work, so keep this stuff to the off topic area or the prior existing music thread so we can all work in a happy, not useless topic filled environment.

Slagar wrote:The music topic we already have is 9 pages long and still very active so there is no need for this topic to exist unless it has nothing to do with SCP:CB and has more to do with music in general in which case it belongs in the off topic.

As for you just wanting a thread to show off your music for other SCP games, the last thing we need is me and Firefox and everyone else who makes music to have their own personal thread. The Collaboration section would quickly fill up with these things as a lot of people make music and everyone who makes music wants other people to listen to their work, so keep this stuff to the off topic area or the prior existing music thread so we can all work in a happy, not useless topic filled environment.
@Slagar.
I understand your concern. But. The topic you are talking about I believe is the "Different music for different rooms/ambience". If you read the title of that topic, there is no reference to being an overall generality of music for the game. It is simply about different music being played and occurring in different rooms of containment breach. That does not branch out to the entire game. So I believe this topic has valid rights to exist. There should be a topic where people can simply post their suspenseful stuff for a generality relating to the game.

This thread is not only for a way to show music to people. It was to open it up for others to post as well. INCLUDING for the game. I am not trying to "show off" anything. In fact, all I want to do is assist people in giving them a topic in which they can post music made for the generality of the game. In that topic you mentioned, that was mainly created for ambience/slight suspenseful tones for certain rooms of the game. That does NOT cover in any shape, or form, the generality of music for the game. I just want to help. Same way I did when I did the trailer (Yes, I created the official trailer on the main page). Regalis seemed completely fine with that, and never saw it as I was "showing off". So I think you need to calm down, stop insulting people with your opinion, and really think through your responses. Now, anyone else who has general music relating to the game or a suspenseful music PIECE (not atmospherical low tones...) can post them here. I have a good reason to have this topic here. If you think its useless, then go calm down for a bit. This game is being made by people with heart. Not a budget, nor anything else in terms of a reward for their hard work. If it was made under a budget, and everyone was getting paid, and no heart was being put into the game, then your attitude would most likely be acceptable, BUT, this game is not under a budget, and everything people do on here is for FREE, with heart. That is more valuable than a $12 million dollar budget, and that attitude, although common, is not respected.

The last thing people need, is someone who thinks they know everything about what the forum needs, to go around and smother it in people's faces. The forum is fine. The forum needs people who can work in an environment and collaborate on things and projects to get this game farther along. In the end, it is all about the game, and people who want to contribute. I am simply wanting to contribute... Ask Regalis, Steelpoint, or anyone else, and they can tell you that I worked day and night for this game. On the trailer. In fact, I can send you a PM about what Regalis has sent me in terms of what I did. So please calm down. If you are in a bad mood, then go cool off for a bit before coming on this forum again. The last thing people need, are others who in a bad mood, and want to bluntly be rude to people. Now, the music on that topic is GREAT! People did a good job with their tracks. In no way am I insulting those persons, or their work. All I am stating, is that that topic, was not created to branch out over that generality of music. Over general tracks for the game.

Now. If a moderator or someone that I respect(which is all of them) and has knowledge of the forums, comes forth and says that this topic has "...no need to exist...", I will gladly remove this topic and post elsewhere. Just because you rudely told me it was useless, does not mean that I will blatantly do what you say, I will take it into consideration, as I do everyone's opinion. If you rudely portray yourself to someone, then you might loose a certain amount of respect from them. You did from me. Administrators and moderators I DO respect, and know have grounds on this forum. In fact, I worked with some of them, including Steelpoint, and Regalis. If they read what I posted above, then what they decide is what I will comply with entirely. Now, if you have any more rude comments, then please post them elsewhere. Or send me a PM. Thank you.

Whoa, that's a lot angrier and longer response than I anticipated.

There was no hint of anger in my post, no insult, no attack on you or your music. I was not in a bad mood, nor was I upset, or anything else like that. You seem to have completely misunderstood my post, you almost seem like you tried to get offended if anything. I never suggested that you were insulting anyone either, or that the mods are going to attack you or that you don't have a right to make topics or any of the other silly things you accused me of.

Let's take a constructive look at what it is that I said:
The music topic we already have is 9 pages long and still very active so there is no need for this topic to exist
Not an attack on you, just stating fact.
unless it has nothing to do with SCP:CB and has more to do with music in general in which case it belongs in the off topic.
This is true, if it's not for the game it doesn't belong here.
As for you just wanting a thread to show off your music for other SCP games,
Here is where I think you started getting all offended. "Showing off", while it can bear negative connotations in certain contexts, generally refers to the "showing" of your, in this case, music to other people, which is its meaning in this context. If you did take offense to the term "showing off" than you should have simply said that, not made such a ridiculously long and angry post where you repeatedly accuse me of attacking you and going off onto things completely unrelated to this topic or what I said such as that you made the trailer. I don't care if you made the trailer it has nothing to do with this and that's just one example.
the last thing we need is me and Firefox and everyone else who makes music to have their own personal thread. The Collaboration section would quickly fill up with these things as a lot of people make music and everyone who makes music wants other people to listen to their work,
This is absolutely true. Personal threads become problematic because of how quickly they spring up and make constructive work difficult for other forum members. If each of the three of us made a personal topic that's already 4 topics including the original, and I'm sure there are plenty of others who make music who would like to make their own topics.
so keep this stuff to the off topic area or the prior existing music thread so we can all work in a happy, not useless topic filled environment.
And finally a friendly suggestion of how you can have your personal topic and the rest of the forum can enjoy the Collaboration section without a bunch of personal threads.

All in all I think your response was childish, needlessly long, and rather silly. Again, I never insulted you, I never attacked you or your music, or anything even remotely close to that. And no, this post isn't an attack or insult on you either as calling a post or topic you made useless or childish or whatever in no way suggests that you are useless or what have you.

As the original topic not being suited for what you had in mind, then that makes me wonder why you posted your stuff there as well. If that topic is inappropriate for your music as you now claim than there was no reason for you to do so. But I suppose you may have not have thought to make your own personal thread until after making that post.

If this topic truly was dedicated to people finding music for their projects that wasn't ambient in nature than you should have explained that in the original post. But you didn't, rather you went on to, well, let's take a look.
Hey, I do music for my films. So I basically do film scores. Well this got me into music, and started making music for games as well.
Here is some ambience and suspenseful music I have created for a game I am currently co-developing.
No where in here is it implied that this topic exists for any other purpose than to showcase your own music, no where does it say that this is meant as a general topic for music related to SCPs, no where does it say that all music made related to the SCP universe is welcome, no where does it explain why you chose to make a new topic, no where does it explain that the original topic was not appropriate for what you had in mind or how it is inappropriate. Let us also observe that you explicitly state that this music is "ambience and suspenseful" and yet now you claim that the original music topic is not appropriate for your "ambience and suspenseful" music because the original topic is made for "ambience"? Surely you must see the contradictions contained in that claim.
All the music is mine.
Thoughts? Opinions? Comments?
Please discuss below
Let us focus on an important part of this bit here. "All the music is mine" can only be understood as this topic is made for your music and just your music. If it didn't you would've communicated that all music artists are free to post their own work, but instead what you chose to communicate was "Thoughts? Opinions? Comments? Please discuss below" which tells others to discuss the music you've posted. You tell us right here exactly what this topic is for, to discuss your music. You lay out what you want others to do here, and this topic acting as a general non-ambient music for SCPs is never, in any way, implied or directly communicated anywhere in the entirety of this thread until your needlessly rude accusations and attacks on me.

In conclusion: I have shown how I never made an attack on you and, if you took offense to my post anyway, you should have simply told me instead of going way off topic and accusing me of being angry. I have shown how, using your own words, this topic was made as a personal topic for yourself and how, again with your own words, your music could have just have easily fit into the original topic. I hope that this will be the end of an already needlessly long and fiery discussion and that we can move on and forget about this little quarrel. I also hope that this thread is either moved or deleted and any future offering of music for SCP games is either contained in the original thread or posted in the off topic section.

Just a heads up, the following is long:
If you want to take a constructive look at what you said, and what I said, lets do so :)
Whoa, that's a lot angrier and longer response than I anticipated.
Nope, not angry in tone. Just a little annoyed.
There was no hint of anger in my post, no insult, no attack on you or your music.
Really? Because to someone who initially would first read your post, would definitely think it was in an angry tone, a simple insult. I never thought it was an attack on my music.
Here is where I think you started getting all offended. "Showing off", while it can bear negative connotations in certain contexts, generally refers to the "showing" of your, in this case, music to other people, which is its meaning in this context.
"Showing off", as you do admit, can bear negative connotation in not just certain but quite a few contexts. Nowhere have you mentioned that you intended it to mean for the "showing" of my music. In actuality, no where in your post have you ever stated that is what it was for. Again, for someone who reads through that post, they would take "showing off" as the original and more highly used contexts. If you did not mean it that way, then you should have stated that.
If you did take offense to the term "showing off" than you should have simply said that
That is what this response was for. It was rude for you to use that term. Anyone would agree that if someone posted that they were "showing off" their music, it would be offensive, and if not a bit rude.
not made such a ridiculously long and angry post where you repeatedly accuse me of attacking you and going off onto things completely unrelated to this topic
Angry? No. Never have I posted where I was angry. I was mainly neutral in tone in actuality, just a little annoyed at the rude comments you made. Even if you didn't intend for them to be so, that is how they appeared. So it would be very nice if instead of just simply posting a comment and saying something that is not taking in its more highly used context, to state otherwise. Actually, everything I said tied into each other. Read below :)
I don't care if you made the trailer it has nothing to do with this and that's just one example.
I don't expect you to care. I am simply stating this as a relation that I want to help with the game, and using a relative subject for a claim that can be backed up with evidence. If you look at what I said in whole about that subject here:
I just want to help. Same way I did when I did the trailer (Yes, I created the official trailer on the main page). Regalis seemed completely fine with that, and never saw it as I was "showing off".
Here, I state that I simply want to help the game. I also tie in a relative significance subject/creation. All I have wanted to do was help the game. Not make a personal thread. Evidence of past events is what I am bringing up, to demonstrate that I am not focusing on "showing off". Then I later state about Regalis being completely find and not seeing me as "showing off". This I used simply to state that I went into that situation the same way I did when making this topic, and yet, the creator of the game did not take it as myself making a useless thread or topic or subject, but yet... you do.
This is absolutely true. Personal threads become problematic because of how quickly they spring up and make constructive work difficult for other forum members. If each of the three of us made a personal topic that's already 4 topics including the original, and I'm sure there are plenty of others who make music who would like to make their own topics.
So then please demonstrate to me a forum topic created for general track use for the game, instead of low tones, that is also active. I would really enjoy seeing something with that purpose.
And finally a friendly suggestion of how you can have your personal topic and the rest of the forum can enjoy the Collaboration section without a bunch of personal threads.
\
A friendly suggestion? "not useless topic filled environment."
That does not in any way seem friendly, it appears to be a rude comment on this topic. No where do you state before hand that it was a "friendly" suggestion. Next time again, you should read through your responses to make sure your words cannot be taken as rude comments, which they appeared to be.
All in all I think your response was childish, needlessly long, and rather silly.
Actually, I was simply stating you were being rude. A lot of other people would most likely have done the same thing...
I never attacked you or your music,
I never said you did. Nor did I state anywhere that you have attacked me. Again, you were just rude about it.
As the original topic not being suited for what you had in mind, then that makes me wonder why you posted your stuff there as well
Simple, I saw the post, and decided to post one track of ambience. As I saw that the other tracks I had were not ambience in any way, then I created this thread.
No where in here is it implied that this topic exists for any other purpose than to showcase your own music,
What I said "Hey, I do music for my films. So I basically do film scores. Well this got me into music, and started making music for games as well.
Here is some ambience and suspenseful music I have created for a game I am currently co-developing."
here is simply an introduction to what the thread is. Posting a thread about a subject, needs a jumpstart, something that can show people what they can post. I simply described what I do, what I have done, and gave examples for others to post as well.
no where does it say that this is meant as a general topic for music related to SCPs, no where does it say that all music made related to the SCP universe is welcome, no where does it explain why you chose to make a new topic, no where does it explain that the original topic was not appropriate for what you had in mind or how it is inappropriate
First off, it was created for the use of showcasing music. I stated my reason for posting music there, implying others can do the same as they wish. Second, I don't see the point in simply stating every singular reason for a thread to exist, people don't want to hear the long and old details of reasons that a thread exists, unless it actually has some grounds to it. This didn't require that sort of explanation as to why I saw the other topic not able to cover all about the generality of music for the game.
Let us also observe that you explicitly state that this music is "ambience and suspenseful" and yet now you claim that the original music topic is not appropriate for your "ambience and suspenseful" music because the original topic is made for "ambience"? Surely you must see the contradictions contained in that claim.
I would love to show you the difference :)
Here is something you posted about an ambience type of track of SCP-096: https://soundcloud.com/slagar/096-concept-cleaner
That, is supense? yes. That is ambience? yes. Although you state and others state as well in the other topic that "This could easily be played over the current ambiance without interference as it's unobtrusive enough it'd just color the sound rather than cover or mix awkwardly with it." Here you are talking about a track on the old forum. That is a good track though :)
You state that it could be easily played over the current ambience, without mixing in awkwardly with it. If you listen to the 096 piece that you made, and look at the comment (I will add that comment you did was not about 096, but another ambience track), you will see how that is mainly low tones ambience.
If you look up at the music I posted.
lotims wrote:Abandonment (Ambiance track):
https://soundcloud.com/the-lighting-col ... bandonment

Frozen(Piano/Orchestral piece):
https://soundcloud.com/the-lighting-collective/frozen

Bodies (suspenseful track):
https://soundcloud.com/the-lighting-collective/bodies
Frozen is a "Piano/orchestral piece" Anything about suspense or ambiance? Nope.

Abandonment is a "ambiance track", any low tones or mix ins that are meant to lay over the music of the game? Nope. In fact, towards the end it progresses from an ambiance track, to an actual sound piece.

Bodies is a "suspenseful track", again, if you listen, not ambiance for each individual room, but for an actual event. Something that progresses with action.
Let us focus on an important part of this bit here. "All the music is mine" can only be understood as this topic is made for your music and just your music.
I have no idea what brought you to that conclusion, saying that "All the music is mine" is simply stating that I created the music I have linked. Not that this topic is "made for your music and just your music..."
If it didn't you would've communicated that all music artists are free to post their own work, but instead what you chose to communicate was "Thoughts? Opinions? Comments? Please discuss below" which tells others to discuss the music you've posted
By posting "Thoughts? Opinions? Comments? Please discuss below" Does not mean that It is restricted to simply discussing what I have created. By saying "please discuss below" I am implying that people can either talk about or give constructive criticism on the tracks I linked, or that they can talk about other tracks, whatever they would feel like discussing, as long as it was the music for the game, which could be anybodies...
You lay out what you want others to do here, and this topic acting as a general non-ambient music for SCPs is never, in any way, implied or directly communicated anywhere in the entirety of this thread until your needlessly rude accusations and attacks on me.
In actuality, if you would notice the difference between tracks, then yes, it is implied. Also, I am simply stating that what you said before was rude towards me, and that you should reword your responses or at least revise them from now on to make sure you don't have any statements that are more highly used to insult people.
I have shown how, using your own words, this topic was made as a personal topic for yourself and how, again with your own words, your music could have just have easily fit into the original topic.
Ah, as I did state at the very beginning and towards the end of my response "I understand your concern" and towards the end "I will take it into consideration, as I do everyone's opinion." Here I do say that I have listened to what you have said, regardless of it being rude. Even if you did not mean for it to be, you should have said so in the original post of yours.
I hope that this will be the end of an already needlessly long and fiery discussion and that we can move on and forget about this little quarrel. I also hope that this thread is either moved or deleted and any future offering of music for SCP games is either contained in the original thread or posted in the off topic section.
I as well hope the same. Now I used a claim, as well have you, and rhetorical devices such as Pathos and Logos. You have simply stated Ethos, which in generality, can be converged to say a falsified argumentative structure. Please, simply take this as a reason to read over your responses carefully next time you post on someones topic about being useless, or them showing off, regardless of your meaning by it.

Thanks again :)

I feel like I'm partially at blame for this thread and the tiny argument there. Anyways, we potentially have some awesome new music for the game, you guys both are great.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!