Re: SCP-860 implementation list + discussion

I try putting forest.zip into (by forest.zip you mean 860_scpcb_zip)? but yeah, i was map and it didn't work could someone who somehow did it correctly post the download on MediaFire sio I can see what the 860 forest is like.
Hello, I am [[REDACTED]], [[REDACTED]]. I have been a fan of SCP for [[REDACTED]] [[REDACTED]]. I am also on the SCP:CB Wiki, and thats it so... [[REDACTED]] off much?

Set up foliage and the like(used the class-d model as a temp), here's the test with fog.
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?f8xsp2ji1908chu
ZIP for those of you that are having issues: http://www.mediafire.com/?wybl7ob1upoa8ao

After you teleport to the forest, check your console after it initializes. Let me know how many milliseconds it takes.
Last edited by MonocleBios on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
M-x dingus-mode

Daniel123Shaw123 wrote:I try putting forest.zip into (by forest.zip you mean 860_scpcb_zip)? but yeah, i was map and it didn't work could someone who somehow did it correctly post the download on MediaFire sio I can see what the 860 forest is like.
Make sure to put all the extra pic files and stuff in the SCP:CB Game/GFX/MAP
The text on options for the forest go in Data/rooms

I tried the application myself, but Memory Access keeps popping up for me.

New method of generating the map I thought you guys would prefer. The tile mapping is generated at the start of the game and whenever you leave the forest. Tile and foliage meshes are created and positioned one tile per frame. This happens as you play through the game regardless of where you are. As of now the only ways I believe the forest has an effect on the speed of the game is when you exit the forest (Some older crappy cards take a while to delete meshes 'en masse'. Mine takes 13ms for 25*123 tiles + 4 'trees' per tile, to put it in perspective) and possibly extend frame time slightly while the map is generating meshes(If this does pose to be a problem for some of you it is easy to reduce the generation to every 2nd 3rd 4th... etc. frame).

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?7hq3pxh0jbcyf7o
Use the zip I posted earlier and replace the executable with this.
Last edited by MonocleBios on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:New method of generating the map I thought you guys would prefer. The tile mapping is generated at the start of the game and whenever you leave the forest. Tile and foliage meshes are created and positioned one tile per frame. This happens as you play through the game regardless of where you are. As of now the only ways I believe the forest has an effect on the speed of the game is when you exit the forest (Some older crappy cards take a while to delete meshes 'en masse'. Mine takes 13ms for 25*123 tiles + 3 'trees' per tile, to put it in perspective) and possibly extend frame time slightly while the map is generating meshes(If this does pose to be a problem for some of you it is easy to reduce the generation to every 2nd 3rd 4th... etc. frame).

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?7hq3pxh0jbcyf7o
Use the zip I posted earlier and replace the executable with this.
Nice, I'll give it a shot & reply how it goes.

EDIT:

Nice work :D the class d placeholders made it look like a Slenderman forest though, haha.

They're doing a 3 tree per tile method? My previous calculations based on the SCP-860 article image was around 50 trees in view at almost any given time, each tree being around 200 polys total (10,000 polys in view possibly max; adding in the monster [4-5,000 polys] + foliage could be around 16-20,000 polys total at most.)

The test was lagging horridly though thanks to my awful Windows PC, so it was a bit hard to test. I think the The fog density should be reduced a bit, everything felt quite unclear and I found it difficult personally to navigate the forest following the red path tiles. No need to worry about this PC and increasing the frame time to generate, cause this thing can barely run even minecraft at the lowest graphical settings. :P

Mirocaine wrote:
They're doing a 3 tree per tile method? My previous calculations based on the SCP-860 article image was around 50 trees in view at almost any given time, each tree being around 200 polys total (10,000 polys in view possibly max; adding in the monster [4-5,000 polys] + foliage could be around 16-20,000 polys total at most.)

The test was lagging horridly though thanks to my awful Windows PC, so it was a bit hard to test. I think the The fog density should be reduced a bit, everything felt quite unclear and I found it difficult personally to navigate the forest following the red path tiles. No need to worry about this PC and increasing the frame time to generate, cause this thing can barely run even minecraft at the lowest graphical settings. :P
Sorry, made a typo there. I have 4 'trees' per tile, as to test the generation bottleneck. Just to be clear, does the entire game lag? Or does your FPS drop only in the forest? Turn on the debughud in the forest, and make note of any changes in FPS when EventState2 reaches 124.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:Sorry, made a typo there. I have 4 'trees' per tile, as to test the generation bottleneck. Just to be clear, does the entire game lag? Or does your FPS drop only in the forest? Turn on the debughud in the forest, and make note of any changes in FPS when EventState2 reaches 124.
No, the entire game lags when I turn to face even a simple 1,000 poly model, looking down at the floor gives me 30+ fps. This windows laptop was definitely not built with gaming in mind. ( might have to resort to other people testing Desdemona + SCP-860 now :? )
Moonsaber wrote:May I ask what does the new forest monster looks like?
I'll send you a PM with all info.

Mirocaine wrote:
MonocleBios wrote:Sorry, made a typo there. I have 4 'trees' per tile, as to test the generation bottleneck. Just to be clear, does the entire game lag? Or does your FPS drop only in the forest? Turn on the debughud in the forest, and make note of any changes in FPS when EventState2 reaches 124.
No, the entire game lags when I turn to face even a simple 1,000 poly model, looking down at the floor gives me 30+ fps. This windows laptop was definitely not built with gaming in mind. ( might have to resort to other people testing Desdemona + SCP-860 now :? )
Moonsaber wrote:May I ask what does the new forest monster looks like?
I'll send you a PM with all info.
Gimme da .exe, and didn't you say the new forest monster would be some sort of nature golem?
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!