Re: SCP-860 implementation list + discussion

Mirocaine wrote:I'd like to announce the revival of this topic + SCP implementation. A new scp-860-2 model is in the works with some *cough* Radical changes.

Hopefully if my beloved programmer's MonocleBios & RisingStar are still on-board; this could be wrapped up relatively quickly with all needed assets soon finished. (We also may need another external tester cause I can no longer run scp:cb on my Mac OS, even in an x11 environment).
We love you Mirocaine. Nice to see that SCP-860 is being worked on again! Can't wait! Welcome back to the forums.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

Mirocaine wrote:I'd like to announce the revival of this topic + SCP implementation. A new scp-860-2 model is in the works with some *cough* Radical changes.

Hopefully if my beloved programmer's MonocleBios & RisingStar are still on-board; this could be wrapped up relatively quickly with all needed assets soon finished. (We also may need another external tester cause I can no longer run scp:cb on my Mac OS, even in an x11 environment).
That's great to hear, welcome back! Sorry you can't run it though, if you decide to dual boot a lightweight windows OS like XP I can assist you with partitioning, installing, and configuring the boot loader if you are not familiar with the process.

I have been working on re-creating SCP: CB in Unity3.5 as a way of learning Unity since I would like to be able to work on some projects with it this summer. I'm not promising anything, but I am confident that I can completely port it if given enough time. This includes the scripting, as most of it I have already finished writing, with the exception of some items and the randomly generated map which I have been too lazy to figure out how to implement in Unity ;) I know the source code for SCP: CB was posted earlier, so If I get stuck I may give that a read.

I am also creating a cafeteria model since I saw the idea on several room suggestion lists and thought it would make sense. I've come up with suitable floor and ceiling textures and have created the table/bench and vending machine models, although I am currently considering in what manner food should be served, and how/if it should differ between workers and class D's.

As for 860 I am definitely exited to finish up what we started. just let me know how I can help and I'll get right on it.

Welcome back Mirocaine! :D
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

hug0905 wrote:hey Mirocaine, is there a blend file importer for 3d world studio? because i don't have blender, and i want to help out.
No, there isn't, sorry hug. Blender is free, anyway, so if you want to, you can download it and learn how to use it.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Annnnd MonocleBios and risingstar are still here! Great, I was a bit worried everyone had possibly departed; I'm still working to organize a finalized list of what still needs to be finished, but I should have assets ready for implementation by the first week of June.

-update on testing, I got access to another windows OS laptop for testing SCP:CB, (as well as cutback on the amount of testers needed for Desdemona :laugh:) no need for anymore fancy workarounds.

@Risingstar64
Oh, SCP:CB on Unity? Sounds great! I honestly wish now Development would swap over to a new engine. I feel Blitz3d is so ancient and a lot of people are unable to play the game with rendering errors/crashes & the lack of better shaders. (Oh god the lack of better shaders..)

The cafeteria sounds nice; it's definitely going to be a big room, there's plenty to discuss on designs, prob. Will be similar to max security cafeterias? :P

@Hug0905
MonocleBios found out a way to make my simple plane tile system collide with the player in SCP:CB. 3d world studio DEFINITELY does not have compatibility with Blender. If you want to contribute scene meshes for 860, do them in Blender and export them to me.

MonocleBios wrote:Well would you look at that, MIrocaine is back. I can still work, I just need assets/implementation details.
YAY! HE'S BACK!
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!