Re: Something that would make the game revolutionary:Holopho

Ah, yes, I've seen this before. I've also heard it referred to as binaural recordings through some posts by a nice fellow by the name of Samuel Justice, who's been working on the sound design for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, which will be using it.

It'd really be great to see something similar to these become implemented, because, tbh, the current sound design to the game is pretty non-existant other than the expected sounds that come with specific actions. I never get really immersed into the huge, echoing chambers, or the underground tunnels, because, it doesn't really feel like you're in one. The only real unique aspect that keeps me on edge with the sound design are the ambient noises, which get old fast. I think having certain rooms have a certain hum or low note to them based on what they are would make things a lot interesting easier. Every room feels the same. Offices should have faint air conditioning that might whistle over your ears if you stand under the vents, the gas decontamination chambers should sound like you're being smothered when you run through. The tunnels should shudder as you walk through them. I could go on, there's quite a few interesting cards that can be chosen with the sound design, I definitely think holophonics/binaural recordings would be a nice way to go, they honestly are quite scary, seeing as how real they sound. I think some ambient noises should definitely utilize these, it'd really spook me to hear something that sounds like it's coming from behind me.
It slep time bunner.

That would be something everyone would rage about in a good way haha
Imagine. This would work AMAZINGLY WELL with SCP-372. Imagine. You hear that damn sound constantly behind you and all that. It would cause so many players to turn around in real life, then stand in the corner of their room to make sure they don't see any brief flickering movement haha.
I can imagine this being great. If done well.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

lololord wrote:Hydroponies
*By request of O5 personnel, Yakashi has been terminated*
Back on topic now.

This kind of audio always creeps me out. I would like to see this as an addition to the game. It would add alot to the atmosphere, especially with all of the creepy sounds already in the game.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away