Re: MTF model

Yo Night, your work is professional level, how much practice did it take to get to this level? Also, which gun are they gonna use?
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:Yo Night, your work is professional level, how much practice did it take to get to this level? Also, which gun are they gonna use?
Practice? Well, in my case it took a couple of days(watching tutorials and such), but that's because of painting and doing other graphical related stuff for quite some years(along with learning anatomy, perspective, shadows, etc. [which I haven't mastered yet]).
I'm not sure about the gun. Haven't thought about it yet, if you have any suggestions feel free to share. :D
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Night wrote:
Destructoid wrote:Yo Night, your work is professional level, how much practice did it take to get to this level? Also, which gun are they gonna use?
Practice? Well, in my case it took a couple of days(watching tutorials and such), but that's because of painting and doing other graphical related stuff for quite some years(along with learning anatomy, perspective, shadows, etc. [which I haven't mastered yet]).
I'm not sure about the gun. Haven't thought about it yet, if you have any suggestions feel free to share. :D
For a standard firearm, I'd just stick with the good old M16. It's the most common rifle around (besides the AK-47) and it just looks damn sexy. But if you plan on making the soldiers unique and use firearms not many people use, I'd like to see them use a CZW-556 with a mounted scope. Those things are beastly.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Well, I guess you could give them something that's also Sci-Fi looking. Since I really like guns I could give you some pictures and suggestions.

M16A1:
Or, an M4 with a bunch of Tactic00l stuff on it
Black Mesa Source M4 (WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE FULL RELEASE BMS DEVS?):
G36c:
P90:
A G3A3 if you want something heavy looking:
If you REALLY want scifi, then you could use this with a giant scope on the carrying handle:
It's a ruger mini-14 muzzelite stock.

If none of these fit your fancy I recommend mish mashing some parts together and making your own fictional gun, with blackjack and hookers.
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Night wrote:Thanks! I agree, I never thought that the MTF should have the same model as of the guard, or vice versa.
Yeah, I was just trying to point out that it'll add more diversity to the game, and it's npcs. I think the guards having the current MTF model would be a lot more fitting.
Night wrote:In the original concept art I have made, the helmet was based off of the M45 gasmask. And I might try this, but it would be a little hard to move it, when you think about it, if it was inside. The thing I was going with on the eye gear, was like in this picture:
Spoiler
(I assume they are for night vision?)
I was actually going to post the very same picture as a suggestion, but I had thought that it seemed a bit too clunky. I'd figured that possibly instead of having it worked out like that, perhaps they could have a gas mask with the goggles integrated into the lenses, instead of having the separate pieces on top of each other. I don't know too much about military equipment, but I'm assured that the Foundation is much ahead of their time with experimental and high tech equipment.
Night wrote:And thanks for the suggestion on the colours. :)
I'll definitely add a MTF symbol on the shoulder or w/e, guess I could also add a type of symbol near it as well (like a stylized fox with nine-tails or w/e), what do you think?
Yeah, perhaps the Nine Tailed Fox logo could be located on the back, (though you won't be seeing it much) with the MTF logo on the shoulder. I originally made a sorta idea for an emblem of the 9TF a long time ago, I tried sketching out a nine tailed fox, but it ended up being really quite messy and ununiformed. I later made one that takes after heavily of the Foundation logo, with 9 'arrows' representing the tails. http://i.imgur.com/e7G6e.png The outside segments are kinda meh though, especially the text. Also, here's a quite uniform portrayal of a nine tailed fox in a logo, I found this on google, something a bit similar could work. http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/ ... 4hxpo2.jpg
It slep time bunner.

This is really exciting news. I'm glad to see you working on the MTFs. I also agree with Omniary about the diversity with the guards and such. I'm really excited to see this development and I plan to follow it as you progress Night. :)

SCP 513 wrote:
Night wrote:More progress. :)
Smashing!
DITTO!
Atheros drivers SUCK!