Re: MTF model

Wow, nice job Night, you really got to work fast. I must say, this already looks like a greater alternative to the MTF model in-game. As it seems how you're thinking it, I think it'd be good to have for the guards to keep their current in-game model, and for the MTF to have this unique model, which would set a lot of difference between them.

Now onto what I think of the model itself; it's REALLY nice so far, you're doing a great job, and the original concept art you're basing this off is perfect for the MTF units. On the topic of the head, I'm much more supportive of the first helmet design, it looks much more intimidating, although the inclusion of the eye gear can still work to an extent. I think that the eye gear can be worked into the sockets where the MTF look through in their helmet, instead of having in separate pieces. If done right, it can look really cool and a bit freaky at times. Also, when you reach the texturing change, if I could suggest something for the color scheme, it'd be vague highlights of auburn and or orange along the armor, for the Nine Tailed Fox style. Nothing too bright or revealing, but something just to possibly identify their group.
It slep time bunner.

Great work Night. Am I the only one that thinks The NTF are the one of the scariest things in the game. If you made their armor much more intimidating they would be The scariest thing in the game.

SCP 513 wrote:
Night wrote: snip
Night, you were an old moderator since beggining of SCP:CB????
The fuck is your problem?

ndi05 wrote:
SCP 513 wrote:
Night wrote: snip
Night, you were an old moderator since beggining of SCP:CB????
The fuck is your problem?
I just thought of that...

Mirocaine wrote: -snip-

Well, the two lens I did for the new helmet (the ones in-front), are just for some kind of visual enhancement, there is something like a visor (you can't move it up or down) behind them. And I also don't really like the visor idea in general, the one from the old model.
Other than that, it would also make sense to have a gas mask, with all the different gasses leaking out in a containment breach or such. It would also make sense to be wearing a gas mask if you're wearing a hazmat suit. :P

And thanks for the idea of a hazmat suit, I'll see how it works out. :)
The only problem with making a hazmat suit is that it would require more polygons/more work.

BJFowLer wrote:Well I think that the MTF needs more armor. The guards are wearing about what is needed for their job a bullet proof vest riot helmet it all seems right to me.
I take the amount of equipment that the MTFs wear like this; as less weight as possible, less weight would mean easier and quicker movement, this, along with all the other equipment they need for the certain task. Basically the amount of armour worn would depend on the given assignment(for example, stealth - less armour. brute force - more armour), but generally it would be preferred to have as less weight as possible.

Omniary wrote: -snip-
Thanks! I agree, I never thought that the MTF should have the same model as of the guard, or vice versa.

In the original concept art I have made, the helmet was based off of the M45 gasmask. And I might try this, but it would be a little hard to move it, when you think about it, if it was inside. The thing I was going with on the eye gear, was like in this picture:
Spoiler
(I assume they are for night vision?)

And thanks for the suggestion on the colours. :)
I'll definitely add a MTF symbol on the shoulder or w/e, guess I could also add a type of symbol near it as well (like a stylized fox with nine-tails or w/e), what do you think?
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Night wrote: In the original concept art I have made, the helmet was based off of the M45 gasmask. And I might try this, but it would be a little hard to move it, when you think about it, if it was inside. The thing I was going with on the eye gear, was like in this picture:
Spoiler
(I assume they are for night vision?)

And thanks for the suggestion on the colours. :)
I'll definitely add a MTF symbol on the shoulder or w/e, guess I could also add a type of symbol near it as well (like a stylized fox with nine-tails or w/e), what do you think?
Smashing!

Night I didn't mean more armor in the term like over weighed with it i mean Legs pads, armor around there neck, ext. I still like a lean design i just meant when you look a the current model they only wearing any around there head and chest. So to conclude i meant armor in places they seem to be lacking in. I've worn body armor before and while it does weigh over 20lb with enough training it's not really that bad.

BJFowLer wrote:Night I didn't mean more armor in the term like over weighed with it i mean Legs pads, armor around there neck, ext. I still like a lean design i just meant when you look a the current model they only wearing any around there head and chest. So to conclude i meant armor in places they seem to be lacking in. I've worn body armor before and while it does weigh over 20lb with enough training it's not really that bad.
Just wanted to remark that point, I know what you meant. :P
Also, I didn't mean a body armour like the one you mean, I was meaning something more sci-fi with all the equipment in it/with it.

As of the progress, well it's pretty much the same, working on the arms a bit. Nobody is paying me for this, so I'm taking my time.
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy