Re: Room Suggestions Thread.

Room: Archive room
Generate more than once: no
Items inside: Random SCP documents of upcoming SCP's or just cool ones in general to scare, like zombie plague or eye rot
maybe even hope bringing documents like the skeleton key or "The World's Best TothBrush" (although i realize it would be nearly impossible to code but the document would be enough)
SCP Spawn Point: yes
Note: just figured any research institue would have an archive or information center, maybe even log into a computer and browse a few documents or something, see a security alert that the MTF have entered the facility and could up the panic if there were random alerts for different dangerous SCP's breaking containment, with a brief description.

FuryDrone wrote:Hi there scp community.

Event room with 173
Generate more than once: yes
Items inside: documents maybe
SCP Spawn Point: 173
Explain: Middle sized room with some tables (maybe office style). Near one wall there would be table with some documents/items on it and large mirror at the wall. When player is looking in the mirror for the first time he sees nothing but himself, but when he sneak second peek (after grabing items) there suddenly 173 appears right behind him with standard audio effect. Idea is similar to tunelevent with 173.

Mirror might be a little hard to implement.
I dont think we want the player seeing himself in this game, it would require more work.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

I think there should be a server room/facility mainframe. There would be rows of servers, cooling towers, and one huge supercomputer in the middle back. There would be screens all over the place, the ground would have a fog, from the coldness, and you could see 079's face on the monitors. Good creepy room/curiosity, and it could contain vital items.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Room: Armory
Generate more than once:No
Items inside:Guns armor etc. (but hear me out)
SCP Spawn Point:Yes
Explain: I was thinking it would act as a cutscene, the player walks in and maybe some dialouge or a thought as text bubble pops up, player picks up the first machine gun he sees, maybe checks it for ammo or something, satisfied he turns around into the smiling face of 106 and boom! to the pocket dimension. Upon exiting the PD if the player returns to the armory the whole room is corroded and everything useless. I understand that there will be absolutely no guns etc. etc. but im just trying to take a different approach. Im not saying the gun should be implemented for the character in any way besides being cinematic, not even appearing in the inventory or anything, so completely useless and non functioning but more as another of the many metaphorical punches to the groin the player suffers. It would go with the setting of the game as a militaristic containment site so there stands to reason an armory would exist in some fashion. I read the old topic for easter egg guns and the like that actually implemented the gun into the players use in whatever fashion, and i get that this may confuse some players as to the possibility of other weapons and guns etc. but i thought of this as purely cinematic and to point to the true helpless nature of the character, to really prove the point that quick thinking and quick reactions are the only ways to survive and no weapon will help you.

So take with a grain of salt, I dont mean to upset or violate rules or whatever I just thought of this and wanted to share, also im not even sure how a cutscene could work with the game engine but ive heard different discussions on 682 being used in a cutscene in some fashion so i figured it could work.

NinjaElmo wrote: My idea: Air Vents
After playing this game a while, it eventually stops being AS scary. While trying to think of new ways to make it more scary, I saw that a sneaking mechanic will eventually be added (for evading the MTF's). If the character were to crouch in this sneaking system, I find it logical to implement an air vent system, in which you can crouch/sneak through. This air vent would lead to some rooms around the facility, but definitely any 'red' room (such as the lock room, and the T shaped red room). The vents would open up when they go over these rooms, so that you can drop out, thus using the air vents as a possible short cut.
The general assumption seems to be that 173 uses the vents for travel throughout the facility, so if implemented they would end up being a deathtrap as 173 blocks your way and as you back track as fast as you can(assuming its not very fast considering the crouch) the moment you blink its over. aside from that its kind of a cool idea to be able to sneak past the MTF and other SCP's in the vents but maybe a bit overdone in sneaking oriented games. I wouldnt want it to become something where you find a vent and pass all the obstacles effectively cutting down the horror, but seeing 173 appear around a corner would be terrifying so i see ups and downs.

considering its not a serious room it shouldnt be crazy hard to get into, maybe not lvl.2 key card easy but as long as you can find 914 and get a lvl.5 or omni that should be fine. Although the idea of a player working hard and traversing the facility to find the armory keycode to only find out the armory is completely useless would be hilarious :lol:

An airlock would seem like a good suggestion to implement. It should be quite rare and appear before some important rooms. There could be a control room next to it and you should have to complete a sequence properly to allow yourself to progress. The sequence could be something like: close entrance door, transfer oxygen, decontaminate airlock, open exit door or something along those lines.
There definitely needs to be more rooms that involve completing a difficult puzzle-like task like the red gas room with 173.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Room:096 Chamber
Generate more than once:NO
Items inside:096 Document
SCP Spawn Point:No
Explain: It would be a room with a large box, which is used to contain 096. There should be a hole in the box and somewhere in the room, showing how 096 escaped.
Sometimes, i dream about cheese.

Dr. Geist wrote:Room: Archive room
Generate more than once: no
Items inside: Random SCP documents of upcoming SCP's or just cool ones in general to scare, like zombie plague or eye rot
maybe even hope bringing documents like the skeleton key or "The World's Best TothBrush" (although i realize it would be nearly impossible to code but the document would be enough)
SCP Spawn Point: yes
Note: just figured any research institue would have an archive or information center, maybe even log into a computer and browse a few documents or something, see a security alert that the MTF have entered the facility and could up the panic if there were random alerts for different dangerous SCP's breaking containment, with a brief description.
There actually was an SCP about a TV show with a clown that taught little children how to kill their mothers and cook dinner. When they put it in the archives, a TV monitor monitoring the show noticed it knew about SCP and gave information to other SCP's about the facility, so this could make an interesting cameo if an archive room were instituted.