Re: New model for SCP-372

Destructoid wrote:Sixteen legs IS a bit much. It may work well in one's imagination but things like that complicate concept art and bringing it to life.
Well, Regalis wants the game canon, so if the article says 16 legs, then the model should have 16 legs.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

I'm finally able to login. I really like Ruin72's design, the paws are very well drawn, but I still thinking the limbs should be more or less equal. I mean, I don't find this limb order and alternate shapes and sizes "natural". On the other hand, this will be REALLY hard to animate. I consider myself able to do the model, and probably the textures, but I have no idea about animation so, if someone knows a bit and want to help, is wellcome.

I'm planning to buy a graphic tablet for modeling, and expect it to help me working on this one.

By the way, during this days that I've been busy I've made a snake head model, just for training. Here you have a small screenshot, hope you like it:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6658 ... render.jpg

Again, any idea about the model will be wellcome. I'm still wondering what to do about limbs, so I think I will start modeling the head, that I think is less problematic and we all almost agree about how it should look.

Frozenbrack wrote:I'm finally able to login. I really like Ruin72's design, the paws are very well drawn, but I still thinking the limbs should be more or less equal. I mean, I don't find this limb order and alternate shapes and sizes "natural". On the other hand, this will be REALLY hard to animate. I consider myself able to do the model, and probably the textures, but I have no idea about animation so, if someone knows a bit and want to help, is wellcome.

I'm planning to buy a graphic tablet for modeling, and expect it to help me working on this one.

By the way, during this days that I've been busy I've made a snake head model, just for training. Here you have a small screenshot, hope you like it:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6658 ... render.jpg

Again, any idea about the model will be wellcome. I'm still wondering what to do about limbs, so I think I will start modeling the head, that I think is less problematic and we all almost agree about how it should look.
I see what you mean, this concept wasn't really built with animation in mind. As for varying limbs, the singular "pegs" are vestigial legs(along the lines of what pythons have) and the sizes are different because of different areas of stress on the body therefore varying musculature. I just want an awesome 372. When I learn to animate i shall show you guys the vision I have for him/it.

I have a new idea with respect to the animation. It's probably more interesting, light for the game, and of course easier to perform, not working an animation at all. We might work on some "blurry effect" that could appear on the corner of your eyes when you turn a bit, and a few static poses (or slightly dynamic, but not moving) for the 3d model, to be seen when you turn quickly (as the actual model is seen).

Frozenbrack wrote:I have a new idea with respect to the animation. It's probably more interesting, light for the game, and of course easier to perform, not working an animation at all. We might work on some "blurry effect" that could appear on the corner of your eyes when you turn a bit, and a few static poses (or slightly dynamic, but not moving) for the 3d model, to be seen when you turn quickly (as the actual model is seen).
sounds interesting. im curious to see how that would look.

I made a rear and an upper view of the head to import them as a reference while modeling. I finally have my tablet, and it works really really well, almost fantastic :) . Here you have the links to the sketches. Please, notice that this sketches are only a reference for the sizes and shapes, and forget about any art x).

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1607/28761499.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/834/13580010.jpg

Comment with any sugestion, as:
"The orb should be more spherical/less eliptic"
"The head should be longer/thinner/whatever"
"We prefer it more lizardous"...