Re: New model for SCP-372

First I would like to say that I am happy that 372 is getting attention. I believe every SCP in the game should get proper attention. As for the look of the creature, it's so bizarre that I am at a loss of words when I try to comment on it. I will add a slight suggestion. Perhaps the 'cyclops' eye should look more like a slit until it opens. It will help it to look different from how a human eye would look.

Good work up there, I'll consider them as a reference, but I prefer starting a new model from scratch.
Unfortunately I'll be pretty bussy the next seven days, so I won't start working on the model yet. Please, be patient! :)
On the other hand, I asked my good father (who is pretty good at drawing) if he could make a better sketch for me to have a more accurate reference when modeling, so lets wait until he ends his work and see what he gave us!

hope you don't mind, but i also wanted to toss some concept ideas into the pile~ Especially since we have official word on what 372's appearance should look like.
I've doodled out some quick ideas for the head and body shape, along with some scribbled-over photos of geckos so get an idea of how it would look. Still unsure of leg length, though, and 16 total limbs still seems too crowded to me bluh 8\

but yeah some ideas! What do you think, sirs?
oops my love of reptiles and herpetology is showing

Tikara wrote:hope you don't mind, but i also wanted to toss some concept ideas into the pile~ Especially since we have official word on what 372's appearance should look like.

-snip-

I've doodled out some quick ideas for the head and body shape, along with some scribbled-over photos of geckos so get an idea of how it would look. Still unsure of leg length, though, and 16 total limbs still seems too crowded to me bluh 8\

Me gusta.
keep your knowledge to thine self, for knowledge is too much for the young mind of myself. :D
When going into the unknown, always know what you know abouts what's not known about the unknown known.

RADICAL LORD

SCP-343 wrote:
Tikara wrote:hope you don't mind, but i also wanted to toss some concept ideas into the pile~ Especially since we have official word on what 372's appearance should look like.

-snip-

Me gusta.
keep your knowledge to thine self, for knowledge is too much for the young mind of myself. :D
LOL, I love it!
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

I liked the spiky/fuzzy body style from this link:
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 5moh0t.jpg

But I also like the angler fish style mouth from:

Also, to solve the "getting a good look at it" problem, I think the blast door to SCP-372's chamber should be closed instead of open, and upon opening it, you see it in the middle of the room for around 1 second before it jumps off-screen. At that point, it begins following you around as normal.
What also might be cool, is that if you roused SCP-372 and then find SCP-096, SCP-372 will look at SCP-096's face. SCP-096 will seemingly start to go ballistic for no reason, then suddenly run off after SCP-372, which at that point stops spawning around you.
Also, why not make the sensory organ appear crystalline? If that's possible, it would definitely make it look more "alien".
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598