Re: SCP-096 Stuff

I just realized today that there is a canon problem with SCP-096's texture and current spawning room from the articles description:

"Upon arriving at SCP-096-1's location, SCP-096 will proceed to kill and [DATA EXPUNGED] SCP-096-1. 100% of cases have left no traces of SCP-096-1. SCP-096 will then sit down for several minutes before regaining its composure and becoming docile once again. It will then attempt to make its way back to its natural habitat, [DATA REDACTED]"

Apparently this would mean that there is no blood or gore left on SCP-096 or it's surrounding area, it does something to it's target that completely removes all traces of it, no blood of it is stained on it's hands, mouth, etc. I think this makes 096 actually way more creepy as well, as this super high sculpt model depiction of it is pretty good:

Mirocaine wrote:I just realized today that there is a canon problem with SCP-096's texture and current spawning room from the articles description:

"Upon arriving at SCP-096-1's location, SCP-096 will proceed to kill and [DATA EXPUNGED] SCP-096-1. 100% of cases have left no traces of SCP-096-1. SCP-096 will then sit down for several minutes before regaining its composure and becoming docile once again. It will then attempt to make its way back to its natural habitat, [DATA REDACTED]"

Apparently this would mean that there is no blood or gore left on SCP-096 or it's surrounding area, it does something to it's target that completely removes all traces of it, no blood of it is stained on it's hands, mouth, etc. I think this makes 096 actually way more creepy as well, as this super high sculpt model depiction of it is pretty good:
Wouldn't that mean there isn't any blood or traces just of 096-1? It wouldn't necessarily mean that 096 himself is clean, which would seem pretty weird if he would to me.
unless ofcourse he took a shower right afterwards

It also depends on how you define "traces", it could be everything (including blood) but it also could well just be the body itself, that there is no way to determine whenever or not it's 096-1.

edit*
I also originally wanted to make 096 even bloodier than he is right now, after taking a look at some of the things written in the foundation, the one that most impacted that was from the interview with the captain.
Another thing, just to be clear, I'm not adding blood or gore to try and make it "scarier", I actually think that adding gore (very often) in a story or a model (as in this case) is one of the worst methods to scare someone.
Last edited by Night on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

In the logs he rips the commander's leg off. It would be weird if he went around licking up all the blood, so traces in my headcanon are body parts.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

I'm currently making the attacking/eating animation(after 096 jumps on its target), so I'm wondering, should 096 actually eat the whole body, or just several parts.
Kind of awkward to be asking this. :P
Also, after I finish with this animation I'm going to make a video of the new animations so far. :)
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

If we could change the death animation when he attacks you, it could be as you said, he jumps onto you and starts tearing arms off you to eat them.

Your vision slowly fades away before you his open mouth move fast towards your face, then a cracking or crunching sound as the game goes black to tell you you died.

Just how i imagine him killing you. (The real way i imagined is way bloodier)
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

That sounds more like 106.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. :)

Right now I've made it so that he first opens the chest area and I'm planning to make him rip body parts now(I should probably add a simple body mesh of a human, which I haven't yet :S), but I will also make some more attacking/eating animations so there's nothing to worry about how I make it now. And just a reminder, the eating/attacking animations will be used both for the player and NPCs.
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Also, food for thought for later on, SCP-096 being contained:

Simply, 096 will suddenly stop, and hang his head down, before assuming the fetal position. I'm sure a bag will be later added, so there's no need for anything otherwise.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Also, food for thought for later on, SCP-096 being contained:

Simply, 096 will suddenly stop, and hang his head down, before assuming the fetal position. I'm sure a bag will be later added, so there's no need for anything otherwise.
I see no reason for 096 to suddenly stop when he's enraged, he's after all trying to kill 096-1 as fast as he can.

Well, that would be the best-case scenario, where nobody dies by 096, it would be quite boring if each time to start a new game and encounter 096 he would never kill NPCs who viewed its face.
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy